Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Please Help!

I need any suggestions or help on how to get my child to eat and swallow. She hardly eats and when she finally does then she can keep her food it in her mouth for up to two hours so far before swallowing. It is sick. I need some advice...please

4 comments:

Lesley said...

We are talking about Abby, right? Perhaps you can make a rule that she can't get down from the table and play until she shows you that her food is swallowed.

Does she do this with foods she likes?

Lonna said...

hmmm I don't know what to tell you, but I know that Gwen goes through eating sperts where she will eat good one day and hardly a thing the next, I asked her doctor about it and he said that is normal for toddlers, the not eating much part, but as for the holding the food in her mouth for hours...I have no idea.

Kelly said...

That's kind of weird...like she's storing it for later like a little chipmunk. I have no idea what to tell you for advice. My whole family doesn't suffer from any food deprivation issues. Good luck.

It's Been a Day! said...

I knew a kid like that once. He would seriously eat peanuts and not swallow them and just play for hours. So weird. However, I have no advice for you. Sorry!