Thursday, July 17, 2008

Traveling

I dread the plane. I used to love flying, but with kids, it is way too stressful for me. I pretty much make myself sick before the flight b/c of being so nervous about how it is going to go.

This was my first time flying alone with both girls. And it ended up going so well, I think I just might be able to do it again sometime. The flight there, Abby watched Curious George twice, Hannah was really squirmy, but they didn't cry at all. Well Abby had to go potty and she finally started crying b/c I kept telling her to hold on, hoping we could wait, but she couldn't hold it any longer so we ended up with all 3 of us in the bathroom together. But it worked.

On the way back, thanks to Mandy, she let us stay the night with her at her parents' house the night before since we left from Oakland at 6:30am which is about 2 hours away from Joe's parents. So as soon as the plane took off, both girls were out for the next 2 1/2 hours. It was so nice. I just happened to bring my ipod, and I actually got to rest, listen to music, and play some solitaire. That has not happened since before our kid days. It was so nice to be able to sit and enjoy watching them both sleep for so long. I love sleeping babies. So our experience turned out to be way better than I thought.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

I'm glad you are back and the flights were a good experience. I'm not sure my kids have ever slept for 2 1/2 hours during the day! I'm glad for your sake that the flights went well. I am the same as you and make myself sick and can't sleep the night before a flight in anticipation of flying with the kids.

Callie. said...

yay! That is awesome. And I am glad one of us thinks they could fly with both their kids again sometime. As for myself, I am going to wait for a very long time!

Lonna said...

You have just given me hope for our next trip. I can't believe that you were lucky enough to actually relax during the flight, I am so proud of you for doing it all alone. You are super mom.

simple mom/wife said...

That sounds so familiar. We've done many plane flights lately and I feel just the same before getting on. It always seems to work out just fine--oh, and the looks we get when all three of us pile out of the bathroom is priceless. Glad it went well!