Friday, November 7, 2008

Stroller Accident

Ok well after enough people have asked what happened to Hannah after seeing her, I might as well just post it on here to let everyone know what a horrible mother I am.

Monday we went for a walk, like we do about once a week. I was listening to my ipod, just walking away listening to my music, when I feel like I just ran over something. Yes Hannah was in the front of the stroller and fell out somehow and I didn't notice it until I ran her over with the stroller wheel. She must have gotten into the stroller herself and I must not have noticed enough to buckle her in so she fell out. It was really sad seeing her under the stroller all bloody and I couldn't do anything about it. So I had to buckle her back in the stroller and keep walking until we got home. She actually took it pretty well besides when I tried to clean it all up. But it is getting better and better everyday and I'm hoping her little face will be back to normal pretty soon. So every time I look at her, I still feel bad and I promise not ever to start walking again before I make sure she is buckled in.
Monday, right after I cleaned her up, although you can't see the marks that her hair covers

Day 2


Day 2 (later in the day)


Friday (today)

11 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

bless her heart. and yours. at least she is smiling and she of course still looks adorable. it looks like it's getting better and better each day. i ran into the grocery store today for 1 item and so i didn't buckle up avery. i turn around and she is standing up in the cart. so i made the same pledge earlier today that you did - always buckle these little kids up! she is getting so big. we need to see her soon!

Daskams said...

that is so sad but funny at the same time i would totally do something like that!!! but you are a great mom so don't worry

Callie. said...

Oh Sierra, I can't help but laugh. I have done stuff like that before also! We all do. Poor Hannah. And poor you. But it looks like is getting better so fast. I honestly think there is a reason kids don't remember the first couple years of their lives! :)

Lonna said...

Wow that is really healing fast. I have started driving so many times when Gwen has just hopped into her seat,and then she yells out "STOP! its my seat" It is a good thing that kid can talk is all I can say.

What were you listening to that made you so occupied?

Koni Frost said...

Hi Sierra--such a CUTE blog!!!!
You and your family are seriously so cute! Sierra's face already looks much better... and you are NOT a horrible mom!!!! :) I think things like that happen to everybody!

I've missed Target too (I drove by it yesterday and I think I saw that it was open--at least the ropes were gone.)

Congrats on being pregnant! And I hope that your scheduled c goes MUCH better than the sounds of your other births! I thought that Williams due date was the worse timing ever. We were moving, we didn't know where we'd be living, we didn't have insurance, etc., but it all worked out. Sounds like pretty hectic timing for you guys too...so hopefully it'll all work out good!

(I should email this to you, but I don't have your email... But, I'd love to take your baby's pictures when she's born! You can definitely book ahead of time. If you haven't seen my website it is www.frostfotos.com. Anyways.. we'll talk later).

Holly said...

Ahh, how sad. We've all been there. Like when your child puts himself in his carseat and you forget to buckle him and don't notice until you get to your destination and go to unbuckle. I'm glad she is looking much better already!

Texas Harveys said...

James says when we go back to Texas again he is "going go call Abby and tell her she can't run over people with strollers." =] I think you're a wonderful mom. I'm so excited you are pregnant. And it's great you're still walking. It's like 30 degrees here so we don't walk any more. Sad. =[

Brooke & Freeland said...

Sierra! you're so cute! I love that you posted that - because I think every mom has these experiences!! And better you all share it so you know its normal! :) I think all of my friends, aunts, cousins, etc. have all done things just like this!

She still looks adorable too!!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! That's so scary. She really got banged up. I'm sure you and she felt awful!

sarah said...

That is healing so fast! You won't even know it's there. Did I ever tell you about Sterling's scar? Sterling was 19 months old, and I was 8 months pregnant. It was a few weeks before Christmas, and I thought I'd make a magnetic bulletin board for Jared out of sheet metal. I took Sterling with me to Lowe's, but the sheet of metal was akward in the cart, and I decided to walk out with it in one hand and his hand in my other hand. Suddenly the wind picked up, and the sheet metal sliced a one-inch long and quite deep cut on his cheek. He was so brave through the stitches and emergency room and everything. Most people don't notice the scar, but I still feel awful that he'll always have it because of me.

jen said...

ouch