Thursday, December 15, 2011

Weston memories

Things that Weston has done in the past few weeks that I wanted to remember...



I had a few minutes before having to pick up Weston and Hannah from preschool so I decided to spend my time going through the McDonald's drive through for a Dr. Pepper and some fries. I ate the fries on the way over to pick up Weston. I went in and bent down to help him get his shoes on and he smelled me and said, "Do you have sweet and sour sauce and chocolate milk for me in the car?" I swear him and Hannah can smell anything from a mile away. And sadly I did not have sauce or milk for him waiting for him in the car.


I had put corn dogs in the over for lunch one day (we are super healthy over here), and I got on the computer to get some stuff done. I look over and see the freezer open and him getting into it but then it quickly shut and I turned away. I hear stuff going on in the kitchen but like I said I was trying to get something done on the computer and decided not to go check to see what was going on. Then the timer went off for the corn dogs, I walk into the kitchen to see Weston had gotten himself a bowl and spoon and spooned himself up a bowl of ice cream. He was quietly eating away. I guess he knew if he asked, I would say no, so he decided it was better to just get it himself.

I was doing something in the garage and the ladder was out, Weston climbs to the top and says, "See Mom, it's not too dangerous for me."

Weston came down in underwear and insisted on getting his shoes and socks on to go jump on the trampoline. He didn't need clothes but he needed his shoes and socks on.


I was sitting right by the tv doing something one night and he came up, opened the cabinet and pulled out our favorite xbox kinect game and broke it right in half. I was so angry I didn't know what to do so I did nothing and just sat there in shock that he could do that so fast while I was sitting right there. About 2 minutes later, he was still sitting there, I think waiting to see my reaction, and said, "I'm happy Mommy, are you happy?" no. no I was not happy.

A picture Joe took of Weston asleep on our bed. I'll just leave it at that.


Running a quick errand to hobby lobby last week, I tried to have Weston stay in the cart so I could get in and out quickly. A few minutes into it, he asked nicely if he could get down and that he promised he would be good and stay right with me. As we finished and I wanted to hurry to the checkout, he ran down the ornament aisle yelling, "I'm not being good Mommy." As if I didn't know already.

Hoping not to be found in the animal sleeping bags at Costco.


He loves to do things he knows he shouldn't. We find him climbing up the outside of the staircase constantly. At soccer practice last week, I had rolled down my window not quite halfway for some reason. Well instead of playing at the park the whole time, he decided to go get in the car and climb out my window instead of getting out regularly.

I was getting ready to walk out the door one day and was going to run out set my stuff in the car and then get the kids in. Our laundry room leads to our garage, and as I was walking out, I found Weston inside our dryer.


He's a crazy kid, but we love him!

1 comment:

sgriffin.ca said...

What a busy, sensitive and brilliant boy he is!!!
XOXOXOX