Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Halloween

I decided I was just going to let everyone pick whatever they wanted to be this year, and be ok with it. And that's what I did. As fun as I think it is to do some sort of theme or something, it just doesn't work for us most years.

Abby wanted to be a zombie bride. Not sure where she got the idea. Nor could I find a costume that she liked that was in a small enough size for my tiny 8 year old. So she went with the vampire but holy cow she was picky about which costume it was. And we got the real deal teeth that attach to her teeth....she decided she didn't like the feeling and didn't want to wear them. So that was that.

Hannah I was able to persuade a little. I knew the 1st grade program would be coming up and 1st grade does a sock hop. And last year, last minute we tried to find anyone that would loan us something for Abby to wear. So I thought it would be great if she wanted to be a 50's girl for Halloween and then she could use it for her program in November. And it worked. She was happy about it. She picked the color and wanted all of the accessories to go along with it.

Weston of course wanted to be a super hero. And Hulk was his choice this year. That was easy.

Audrey was/is obsessed with The Little Mermaid, can sing most of the songs, and say most of the lines as she watches it. So she wanted to be Ariel. Easy again.

And that was that for the costumes this year. I missed out on the trunk-or-treat because I was in Chicago, but they all got there and in one piece.





And Halloween we just went around with some friends in the neighborhood and did our own neighborhood for the first time since we've lived here. And at the end we hopped over to another neighborhood to meet some other friends. The kids all had fun and I still have buckets of candy left that I should probably just throw away at this point.




No comments: