Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hasta luego

We had a fun filled week with Joe home this past week, and now it's over and he's gone. I left to take him to the airport today at 5 am. He just called and he made it safely to his hotel. Thanks to my dad, he added Mexico to his phone line so I will be able to talk to him 50 hours a month. With that and the webcam, I guess that's as good as it gets. Abby is taking it a little hard. She has already thrown a glass plate and broken it, and when we looked to see where Joe's plane was and I told her he was there, she said, "Me don't like Mexico City." So we'll see how these next 10 weeks go.

Some of our fun adventures. Mostly playing, eating, and swimming.


Our last family picture for a few months, just up the street from my parents' house. This was taken just prior to Abby touching the cactus and getting the little spikes in her finger and pretty much being hysterical the rest of the night.


Swimming with his girls.



He is already so missed, he is such a great dad and husband! And of course that's who Abby wants and calls for every morning so it was pretty sad today when she got up calling for him and he was already gone. She didn't remember he had already been in to say goodbye this morning before he left.

8 comments:

Lonna said...

Poor Abby. I am sure that it will get a little better with the webcam and the phone calls. I love all the fun places that you have been.

How did you like Phil's? I hope that you got some ice cream.

After this whole action packed week I bet that you are ready for a rest. Let me know when you decide you want to get out again. You know that we are up for anything. Even if that means that there will be broken dishes along the way.

What a cute little family you have.

Kelly said...

That is so sad about Abby's missing her daddy. I hope the ten weeks fly by for her. I loved that family picture. Where did you have it taken? You all look great. Your hair looks cute too.

Jayson & Megan said...

I'm sure it going to be tough without Joe, but it sounds like you have a great and supportive family. The key is to keep busy!

Callie. said...

Good luck with everything, Sierra. I know it will be hard on all of you with him gone. Again, reading this makes me even more sad because that will probably be us next summer! But I hope everything goes okay for all of you. Thank goodness for your parents though, right?

AshleyS said...

i LOVE your hair! that is the cutest family picture. i hope the 10 weeks goes by really fast! poor little Abby, but could your girls get any cuter? i love abby's long hair! hope you're doing okay as a single mom, luckily you have your parents. sorry about the picture i posted on my blog, i just thought it was really funny b/c that's where we spent so much ofour time freshman year. haha

simple mom/wife said...

I have total empathy for you. Good luck with your adventures. I really had no idea about all this happening for you--I feel so bad about that. Hopefully we'll see ya soon! I think one the hardest parts is watching your kids have a hard time without their dad. I'm thinkin about ya.

Misty said...

Your family picture is so great!
I feel for you guys! We miss you down here.... Singing time just isn't the same : ) (We are in the overflow now, and everyone is complaining about the noise caused by our nursery class. Great. ) Hopefully you and your cute girls will be able to make a trip back to Houston to help pass the time!

It's Been a Day! said...

adios, joe! i hope the weeks fly by for you guys. Looks like you were able to pack in a lot before he left. Poor abby. I'm sure my kids wouldn't even notice if I left, but if Brent leaves, it's chaos!

Did you like Phil's?