Well I figure since most people can't update their blogs or even communicate much in our area, I figured I would do a little update. We got out Thursday night and headed to Austin b/c my dad pretty much made us and told us he wanted his granddaughters safe during the hurricane. He wasn't worried about me or Joe, just our girls. Anyway we figured we were far enough north that we would be fine although the hurricane pretty much went right up over us I think and we were supposed to get hit hard with winds.
supposedly as it was entering Spring
Anyway I think everyone in our area is fine, just without power, lots of fallen trees, and flooding. So everything is closed pretty much. It's been out for about 48 hours now and is said that it could be anywhere up to 3 weeks before it is all restored. I'm hoping it's before then. Joe just got a call from school saying that classes resume on Tuesday, I guess the University has it's own power so it didn't have much damage from Ike. But all his interviews have been canceled from Thursday thru tomorrow, so this could slow the process down of finding a job for next summer depending on when they get rescheduled. So I guess we will probably be going back tomorrow so he can get to class.
Some reasons I am so glad we left and got away:
- No A/C in 90 something degree weather
- Not being able to do laundry and wash sheets, clothes, etc. that have vomit and poop all over
- No TV
- No computer
Joe is at our house now to check on it and see if he can save any of our food in our fridge and freezer and get it cleaned up before it leaks everywhere and starts to smell, and to get us more clothes since we didn't bring much. The REAL reason he went is b/c my dad is going golfing and said he had an extra spot so Joe needed his clubs. If it weren't for that he wouldn't have left. Anyway we will try to keep everyone updated.

3 comments:
so glad you guys are okay, I've been thinking about you. sorry about you guys being sick for so long, what a nightmare! vent all you want, i would be doing the same thing. also, too funny about joe and golfing.
that is so so long to have to deal with throwup. I placed a baby with his new adoptive parents a few months ago and he is very sick like your girls. It must be going around.
So note to self:don't move to Houston?! We are thinking very strongly about Austin or Dallas.
OH MY GOSH - Im so sorry they are still sick! I cant imagine - as I dont have kids - but hopefully yall will all be feeling better soon! Im glad you werent in Houston when Ike came through too!!
Post a Comment