Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

Hopefully everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. We sure did! Here are the girls one morning making placecard turkeys for everyone out of pinecones.

We got the Christmas tree out a few days before, and the girls cannot stay away from it as you can see. The ornaments get rearranged many times daily.
Here is Abby after school on Tuesday all ready for another Thanksgiving Feast. (She did have clothes on for school. And she does get dressed everyday but only for outings. As soon as we get home from anywhere she wants a nightgown on. Most pictures taken she is in a nightgown, since that's pretty much all she will wear when she's at home. And thanks to Mandy, Abby asked to borrow this nightgown from Sophie).

Joe cutting the lawn with Abby in the baby bjorn. (She exceeds the 22lb weight limit by 3 lbs. so we figured she'd be ok) Since I now have 2 jobs (tutoring, and a part time work at home job thanks to a friend in Austin), I needed Abby out with him so I could work and Hannah was taking a nap. So she decided she wanted to be on Joe's back while mowing the empty lot next to us, I guess our yard isn't enough for him.

My parents (their dog) and my little brother came on Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with us (our first holiday at our own place). The boys played Frisbee golf, while we cooked all day for 2 days and went shopping the other. We got to go to a movie though, thanks to my mom for babysitting. We had a great time with them here, and the girls couldn't get enough of them all. They can't wait to see them again at Christmas.
Playing football on Turkey Day.



Eating, as you can see, I was a little worn out by the time we actually ate.


*Funny story* The girls love my parents' dog to say the least. I don't think she feels the same way about them though. But Abby was outside with "Lucy" one day while she was here playing and decided to tell her to go potty. After telling her she decided to show her how. Next thing I know, I look out our window, and Abby is out there with her pants down going potty in the grass. It was quite funny even though she kept going and saying she had to go again after I told her to stop.

6 comments:

Lonna said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I am glad that you were able to have your family at your place for the holiday.

I love that you even made little place holder turkeys for everyone. So cute.

Abby going potty on the grass, that is funny. I wonder what your neighbors think. I bet they were cracking up.

Lesley said...

This is a great post. I love the Bjorn picture, and that story about Abby and the dog is hilarious! Maybe you should put Abby in charge of potty-training Hannah!

Jayson & Megan said...

Sounds like you all had a fun Thanksgiving. Brave of you to have it at your place. I don't know if I will ever be ready to do that!

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm dying at the picture of abby and joe. That's so classic! i'm sure she loved it. How fun to have your family for thanksgiving! And 2 jobs. I'm very impressed. i hope you are able to relax every once in a while!! And I would love it if Avery would wear a nightgown. Usually she's just running around naked. Well, so is Tyson so a nightgown would be an improvement for both of them!

Stilovich Family said...

Abby cracks me up.... maybe she can potty train Nathan for me? I love the baby Bjorn, that is awsome! tell Joe I'm next:)

sgriffin.ca said...

So fun to see Thanksgiving there!! Such a fun story about Abby and Lucy. Did Lucy go after Abby showed her? Abby and her nightgowns - Joe used to cry over how his socks felt. She must get some of it from him :-)