Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Adventures!

  • We have tried to see Santa twice now. The first time at our neighborhood breakfast where both of the girls went hysterical kicking and screaming as we tried to get closer. Then Abby said she wanted to go to the mall and was so excited to sit in Santa's lap. She acted so excited all through the line and everything until I said, "Ok Abby it's your turn." She then tried to climb the little fence and hop over and as we pulled her off again started kicking and screaming which led to Hannah doing the same thing. We gave up on seeing Santa or trying to get a picture with him this year.

  • We tried to get a good picture for our Christmas card about 4 times. Never happened. So we made do with what we got b/c I knew it just wasn't ever going to work out. So please keep that in mind. So I ordered them and they called and said they were ready. I go to pick them up and they give them to me, I pay and the lady says, "by the way we are out of envelopes for them, so I gave you 20% off, but we have the smaller size if you want those." Ya that will help a whole lot! So I had to go and find envelopes that will fit a 5 x 7 and they are actually still kind of big but oh well who cares what the envelope looks like, right?
  • Oh and I am also in charge of buying, bringing, and distributing all the food for our church Christmas Party this Saturday for 350 people. And after I get it all there, me and Joe will be off to see the Nutcracker by the Houston Ballet.
  • Last night, for Family Home Evening, we had some friends over to make gingerbread houses. They were a little frustrating to say the least, but Abby enjoyed it and it kept her busy for a while. But we did enjoy hot chocolate, treats, and the company. Oh and we tried to do a little nativity with my "perfect for the occasion" pillowcases and kept them on with old headbands. Even Joe sported the look. I'm sure this is exactly what they looked like back then. But it was fun and the girls enjoyed it I think.

Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus, with the wisemen bringing gifts

Our gingerbread house that you can see Abby is licking her fingers and enjoying the frosting.

I hope everyone else is having a great December so far!

5 comments:

Kate, Josh & Sydney said...

Don't even tell me you live in Houston! For some reason I thought you lived in Austin so I thought it was hours away! I am so upset that I missed you! We were in Pearland--is that very close to you? I can't believe I missed seeing you guys! Grrr! But congrats on the boy--bet you guys are excited!

Stilovich Family said...

Looks like fun (and alot of work) Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas! Let's hope we are all a little happier this time:)

Lonna said...

WOW! I am really impressed that you made two attempts with the santa pictures. I am pretty sure that one would have taken down that tradition here, come to think of it we don't do that one for that very reason.

I love the little nativity, and the gingerbread houses, so cute, and clever, I don't think that I would have even made one, just pulled the candy off like Abby.

I think that the pillowcase look is a good one for the shepherds and wise men. Way to go. How was the Nutcracker?

It's Been a Day! said...

we are off to see santa today. Pretty much torture for everyone involved, but we have to make the attempt, right? i love acting out the nativity. is joe done with school?

Brooke & Freeland said...

so fun! Such an adventure for sure! Oh and congratulations on the BOY!!!!! How fun is that! Hope you are doing well and feeling great!