Sunday, January 4, 2009

Griffin Family Visit

We didn't get a chance to go to California for the holidays this year to see Joe's family so they were great and decided to make the 30 hour long drive to see us. His parents and 3 of his brothers came down together and then his Aunt, 3 boy cousins, and another brother drove down from Iowa the same day. We had 4 of his 5 brothers here, 10 people plus the 4 of us total that stayed in our small 3 bedroom house. But they were all great and easy going about not having much space, so it worked out. It was mostly spent just being together, eating, playing games, and of course watching football. It was fun to have everyone here and hopefully it won't be too long until we can do it again.

I think Hannah was a little overwhelmed by so many people she doesn't know well and since she already has a little attachment problem and is a typical girl, I'm not sure how excited anyone will be to see her again anytime soon since no one is used to girls in his family. And like I mentioned in an earlier post, she has had a great teacher so she has learned very young.

Joe's parents got the girls this awesome playhouse that they spent a lot of time putting together after they got here. Abby even enjoyed helping put it together. It turned out great and the girls cannot get enough of it.
4 of her uncles. Uncle Josh, Sam, Chris, and Karsten. And then a picture of the whole group together, along with a picture of all the boys playing football together in the street out front (it was a little dark for a picture, but you can at least see Joe)

Painting with the new paints and stamps from Gigi

Hannah playing with a few of many toys

Enjoying Dora in our room, while everyone else was probably watching football

Abby loving her new Tinkerbell purse from another one of Joe's Aunts' who didn't get to come

Making rice crispy treats with Gigi

We also got to go to the Houston Children's Museum downtown. The girls had a lot of fun, especially grocery shopping. In the big picture, none of us obviously were paying attention to Hannah, until we realized she was hanging from Abby's seat kicking her legs in the air.


Visiting where Joe spends most of his time...law school

Joe showing us his usual study spot in the library

Playing ping pong in the basement of school
Posted by Picasa
Ok....I think that's good enough. Done catching up for a while now.

4 comments:

simple mom/wife said...

What a fun play house! Those girls are going to have a great year in the backyard! Glad you had lots of family here. I wondered who they all were at church. Great times!

Kelly said...

Wow, that's a lot of boy cousins and uncles. I'm sure they were all happy to see the cute little Griffin girls! I like Joe's spot in the library.

Lonna said...

i am thinking that you have a lot of things to keep everyone busy in your backyard now. I mean you have bikes and playhouses, and well a backyard.

I don't think that any of our family members would make a 30 hour trek to come see us, how lucky are you. I think that is so nice. I am glad that you were able to see both sides of the family for the holidays. And show everyone where you and Joe spend your time. I think that Joe may be able to pull off a side career in ping pong if he wanted to.

It's Been a Day! said...

looks like a crazy week but a fun week. Fun to be able to spend it with so much family.