Here we are arriving at the airport. For any that ever pass through, you have to try Phillip's Seafood at the airport and have a crab stuffed pretzel. They are wonderful. We shared one when we got there. But on the way back we barely made our flight but made sure we found this place and each had one this time.
Our trip was wonderful. Although I did complain quite a bit. It was freezing. I've decided I hate the cold if I have to be in it for more than 5 minutes, and getting all bundled up is really annoying. And I guess I didn't think well enough, since I ended up having to wear heals most of the trip walking around all day in the cold. My feet and ankles swelled up to where I could barely put my shoes on and had blisters all over my feet. Other than that, the trip was perfect. (And don't mind me being huge in all these pictures, I figured I needed some kind of rememberence of our trip so I let my self be photographed). Probably won't see another picture of me until after the majority of the massive amount of weight I've already gained is gone.
Looking at the pictures now, I realized we didn't take any pictures at or around Harvard which is where we spent the majority of our time. Harvard is really cool especially being able to go listen to speakers in the different classrooms and we think it would be an awesome experience to go there for undergrad and while your single.
Here we are getting back to our hotel still thawing off and trying to get warm after our first night there.
Somewhere along the Freedom Trail.
Valentine's Day at the North End, at an awesome Italian restaurant where I got lobster stuffed ravioli with shrimp and some kind of cream sauce. The food was amazing our whole trip. I would come back just for the food even with it being so cold.
Valentine's ice sculpture right outside of Quincy Market.
Reading in one of the lobbies in our hotel waiting for the shuttle to take us back to the airport to come home.
It was a great trip and Boston is a really cool city. But next time we go, it will have to be during the summer. And next year the conference will be held at the University of Utah. So we can make a ski trip out of it hopefully and have a reason to go back to Salt Lake.
We flew through Atlanta and had a few hours, so we got to have dinner with some friends while there (Joe's favorite friend from Utah that he worked with at HSBC). It's been a long time so it was nice to see them.
The girls supposedly did great without us, and may even be better off. They ate all their meals, didn't cry, and didn't really care to see us much. Hannah even went to nursery without screaming and stayed and neither wanted to go home yesterday; they wanted to stay with Nana and Papa. So much for us missing them.


8 comments:
Im Jelous!! It looks like tons of fun! Remember your next trip needs to be to our house:)
I'm glad you had fun despite the cold. And don't worry, you look great in the pictures!
It sounds like it was awesome. Glad you got to wear the scarf and beanie, and you looked great in the photos.
What a fun trip, I LOVE Boston...but I was there in the summer. I'm with you on hating the cold. Glad you guys got to get away without kids. We need to do that before July.
You look so cute all bundled up, did you have to buy all new clothes just for that trip to the cold, pretty sure that I don't own many of the items needed for snow anymore. But you look great.
I saw the girls on Sunday and they were pretty good, Abby just wanted to stay with Hannah, that is all, a simple request that was easily met. They looked really cute too.
Your pictures look great and the food sounds really yummy, I am jealous that you were able to sneak away just the two of you, but I am really glad that you had a great time. The more I see of your haircut the more I like it. You know you don't even look like you are pregnant, how do you do that?
I think you look fantastic, sierra! I'm so glad you liked Boston. It's such a great city. So many fun things to see and I love the historic parts of it. Harvard is an amazing campus - so pretty and it's so fun to walk around Harvard Square. I'm so glad you got to enjoy yourselves and get away!! Loved all the pictures.
Looks like a lot of fun!! We're hoping to get a trip next year finally!
What a fun trip. My favorite is the one where you're sitting at the beautiful ice sculture. That looks amazing. I had a blast in Boston in October and can't wait to go again. I'm so glad the two of you had a nice retreat together.
Post a Comment