Saturday, August 29, 2009

4 Months and Catching Up!


  • Hope you are enjoying Joe's random posts. He's decided to start blogging too.

  • Sorry for the long post ahead of time, we have some catching up to do.

  • Weston is now speaking...according to Abby, Weston can say: Abby, elephant, dress dress dress, and low...she comes running everytime so excited that her brother is talking...almost as excited as she gets when Hannah goes potty in the potty. She loves her brother and sister, I love it!
I love this picture of Abby. She was smiling for the camera with her finger ready to go up her nose. She loves her little brother and loves to get his attention.

  • He has gone back to swaddling due to a lack of sleeping on his and my part, I had to give in...although it's still not working as well as I had hoped. He has gone 12 hours a few nights, just enough to trick me and then back to 9ish hours a night at a time which kills me.

  • Pretty sure we have tried everything for the spitting up and nothing works and a lot of stuff has made it worse. So now we are trying mixing cereal in his formula, seeing if that will help keep it down. So far it is seeming to help a little, but he's only had 2 bottles of it now, so we'll see how it goes. He is still on prevacid, since I tried to take him off it for about a week (to see if it was doing anything) and he pretty much quit eating.
Sorry I had a hard time picking a picture...I thought they were all cute.
Stats:
12 lb 8.5 oz -10%
24 in - 10-25%
16 in- 10-25% (head size)
Potty news: I wouldn't say Hannah is completely trained b/c she still has her issues with poop, but she can wear underwear to bed now and has no accidents with peeing although I still have to make sure she is going every few hours b/c she doesn't always tell me. Anyway we've made some serious progress. And potty training with a infant and a 3 year old at home too, is a little difficult, but we've made do and pretty much haven't left the house in 2 weeks besides when we tried potty training with a friend to see if it would help. This is pretty much how that turned out.
At what age do bums not become so cute?
Abby during the potty training, her favorite thing to wear at her friend's. Don't worry, Joe doesn't approve.
The babies during the potty training:
School: Joe started his first day of his last year of law school on Monday. So we are excited we are making progress there. So hopefully he can now find a job for when he graduates...and make me remember why we decided to go back to school. Abby starts preschool Tuesday again and I am doing a coop preschool with Hannah where we take turns teaching. I said I would NEVER do something like that and here I am doing it now. So we'll see how it all goes trying to have everyone up and ready by 8 on school days.

7 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

pretty sure at my age, my bum is not cute. great job potty training hannah! i bet it helps having abby around. ty's not that big of a helper since he stands and avery needs to sit!!

have you tried some type of acid reflux medicine? both my kids were on prevacid and it really worked.

that weston is really cute. can't beleive he's already 4 months! the time has flown by.

sgriffin.ca said...

Never would have thought about potty training with friends. Looks like it was a fun idea for kids and moms hopefully. Learning is a life long process - Hannah is doing great- just wait for Weston :-)

Brandon and Jenn said...

Love the pictures of Chloe and Hannah-- super cute!

susan stilovich said...

Man, I just did all this and then I had to sign in using a google account. So, I had to make a google account. Ok, I'll do this again. The pic's are adorable. Weston is way too grown up. He is doing it without me. I miss them so much, can't wait until the weekend. You guys have made me proud.

susan stilovich said...

It finally worked! I can now make comments on your blog.

Stilovich Family said...

holy crap, 9 hours straight kills you? seriously.... if I get 3 I feel like I could cry with joy.... usually it 1 1/2 to 2 hours straight so count your blessings! 9 hours in certinly considered sleeping through the night which is great for 4 months! love the other pics!

Lonna said...

Oh. My. Goodness. You are probably one of the craziest people I know, do you never stop and take a rest. I feel tired after reading all the thinks that you are doing. Potty training alone makes me want to crawl back into bed, but tack on the fact that you have to have everyone ready and off to schools by 8am!!! What! I don't think that I would make it, or at least I would be in my pajamas all the time.

I love the photos of Hannah potty training and of Weston he is so cute, and getting so big, I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that he is four months old already. Good luck to you and Joe with school time, and hours. I am sure that you will have lots of fun with the preschool...I guess as long as there are not too many kids involved.