I can't believe my little Abby is now 4 years old. I have now been a mom for 4 years. It's crazy! But we all love her so much and are so grateful that she is a part of our family.
To begin the birthday celebrations, we went to Austin last weekend since Joe had school stuff all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So my mom made her a cupcake cake and we celebrated her birthday there. Then Sunday night when we got back, she got an early bday present b/c she had a dress up birthday party the next morning. Then on Wednesday, her ACTUAL birthday...Joe made her pancakes for breakfast, she opened presents, picked out another present at Target, went to lunch at Fuddruckers and then that night we had cupcakes. Thursday, she brought the rest of the cupcakes to school with her to celebrate her birthday once again. After school we took six 4 or almost 4 year olds to go see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. To be honest, it was me who really wanted to see it.
Since it came out right before her birthday I thought it would be a great idea for a party. After actually doing a party at our house and stressing about it, I decided I really enjoy parties that are all taken care of for you. But most are too expensive for us, so we thought a movie would be the closest to that. We then came home and had pizza, cake, and ice cream, after snacking on candy and popcorn the whole movie. I had told Abby she could pick 4 friends to take since she was turning 4. She easily came up with 4 since there are about a million kids her age here. But for cost wise and being able to watch the kids at the movie, I said 4. I ended up letting her choose 5 but Hannah and Weston had to stay home with a babysitter. And my babysitter (her parents too) were nice enough to let me pick her up early from school since we needed to leave before she got out. Anyway...the kids were awesome. They held hands going in, sat through the whole movie without getting up once (besides Abby who got up to go to the bathroom during the previews). I kept looking over thinking something has to happen, but they were so quiet and good, it was so fun!
I think we may have celebrated a little too much, because when she woke up this morning, she said, "Is it still my birthday?" Although she didn't quite get everything she wanted that she asks for pretty much everyday... A dog (maybe in 10 years if that), and to go on a plane to California to see Gigi (we are probably going to have to wait until her uncle decides to get married). Oh and a motorcycle.
Anyway we love this girl and she's so much fun and so imaginative. Her sister idolizes her and copies her in every way she can (some for the bad, but mostly the good). Her brother always has a smile when Abby is around. And she is such a great teacher and example for her brother and sister.
Her 4 year stats...
Weight: 28.6 lb. (only 2 pounds more than Hannah)
Height: 37 in.


5 comments:
It was wonderful to review her life, so far in pictures. It captures her many moods and I loved thinking about all the stages she has passed through already. I could really see her development as the oldest child. What a great b-day blog! Thanks Sierra.
She's a doll...happy b-day Abby!
Happy belated Birthday Abby. I think birthdays are so much fun at this age. They are so magical for them, and it looks like Abby had a lot of fun. I agree with you that it is a little crazy we have been moms for over 4 years now! I can't believe Ashlin starts kindergarten next fall, and that she is reading words!!! In my mind she is still my little baby girl.
Way to celebrate all week long, that does sound like fun. You know it is funny that you are saying it is strange to think about being a mom for four years already, I was thinking that about all of our friends that do have four year olds, and then I realized that is me in just a few months! I can't believe how fast it goes by.
Its a good thing that kids like Abby make it so fun, and exciting.
Happy Birthday Abby, looks like she had a lot of fun! You are so brave to take a bunch of 4 year olds to the movies! We just took the kids yesterday to see that movie and they lasted "almost" to the end...but like you said aside from Aiden, I really wanted to see it :)
Post a Comment