Last night we got a last minute babysitter because I really wanted to go out. I didn't know where just somewhere with just me and Joe. So I had them in the bath early and was finishing dinner by 5ish. Joe was trying to get Abby to put her nightgown on and she was being a little hyper-active running and going crazy, happy but crazy. So they were playing and she came running as fast as she could all through the kitchen and smacked right into the kitchen table. She hit and then fell completely back onto the tile. My first thoughts were hopefully we can get her calmed down and still eat dinner and be ready to pick up the babysitter soon. And then Joe picked her up and she had blood all down her face and neck. My thoughts of going out were then ruined. Anyway thanks to Mandy, she let me drop off Weston and Hannah so I could go to the hospital with Joe and Abby.
waiting
There was no way they could have given her stitches unless they put her out b/c she was hysterical. When Joe said we were going to the hospital in the first place, Abby took off screaming saying, "No, No, the doctor will tie me, I don't want him to tie me." I had no idea she even knew what stitches were. And then the whole way there she cried, "I don't want them to sew me up, I don't want them to sew me up." Well lucky her, they didn't have to. So they glued her up barely, Joe was holding her body and I was holding her head along with the nurse and she was still moving hysterically, kicking the wall as hard as she could and going crazy. The nurse even yelled at her a little and told her Mom and Dad would have to leave if she couldn't behave. But I guess she needed that. And after if anyone came close to her she jerked away thinking it was going to happen all over again.
But my friend had happened to have her baby the same day, so while Joe and Abby waited to be discharged, I got to go see my friend and her new baby. So that was nice and they even let Abby come see him after she got discharged.
All glued shut
So no babysitter and no going out. But we did end the night with ice cream and they all went right to sleep when we got home and slept in til 9am. So I guess it all worked out. She is now on an antibiotic to prevent infection and has to stay out of the sun for a week. Other than that she's doing well.
2 years ago

7 comments:
Oh Sierra! Just what you needed that night, right? How sad!
It's crazy how she knew they were going to 'sew' her. What a smarty, even though it probably would have been better if she didn't see it coming!
Your family get's more face time with the ER doctors than anyone I know. Is it too late for Joe to do medical school instead of law school?
Oh, poor thing! But, I'm glad it was an "easy" fix. I can't image tyring to keep her calm for stiches. What a brave mom!
Bless her heart, how sad! At least you had an exciting night!
The glue was a much better option! I love modern medicine!
That sounds like something that would fit right into our family medical history. Poor little thing, she really just looks so sad. But what a trooper to let you take photos the whole time. Well at least it is on her brow and not around her mouth where she would be moving and touching all the time.
Oh Sierra, I am sorry. You did say that you wanted a night out right, maybe next time you should be a little more specific. I hope that she is feeling better soon.
Darn those kitchen tables...they ruin everything!
poor abby. i swear things like that always happen when you are trying to get somewhere! but, i'll go to the hospital if i'm going to get ice cream and sleep in until 9!
Post a Comment