Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Happy Halloween!!



I had to put him in Hannah's old fish costume just so it got a little use...we went with the soccer outfit both nights, it ended up not being too cold...you can look closely in the collage, you can see Abby's old fish costume...A friend borrowed it this year and another one borrowed it last year. It makes me so happy to see it actually get more than a one time use!!

First it was a Halloween birthday party for Abby. A picture of her then is in a couple posts below with red hair. Like I said, bad idea, and she wouldn't even think of doing it again even if I wanted her to. Then both Hannah and Abby got to wear their costumes to school on Thursday, again on Friday for our church Halloween party, and then Saturday for Halloween.

There was also pumpkin carving a couple weeks ago. Little did I know you can't carve them early here, a few days later I walked outside to see a bug infested, moldy, caved in pumpkin stuck to the ground outside. Let me tell you how fun that was to clean up. But at least we did it this year right. And yes it was one pumpkin for our family and that was plenty for me. Of course Hannah can't help clean out the pumpkin before it is carved because she will be messy. She can't stand to have anything on her ever, it's kind of annoying but I'm pretty sure she gets it from my brother and dad.
Hannah before...she acted like she was excited and ready to go and then as soon as it started she took off to dress up instead...

The finished product...Snow White...and the girls being silly behind their pumpkins!

Then there was the church Halloween party that I was in charge of decorating. A little stressful since I know pretty much next to nothing about decorating. But thanks to some very domestic friends who let me borrow their stuff, it turned out. And I took pictures...but then I realized I didn't have the memory card in my camera. Awesome...I kept seeing them after they took later to realize it took the one picture and only showed that and didn't save a thing. So...no pictures of Hannah with her rainbow painted on her hand along with the sparkly nail polish and the pumpkin painting, the pumpkin and ghost bowling....and them with their make up on and their cute costumes. Oh well. And since I had to be there WAY early for set up, it made for a very long night for the whole family. But we still made it a fun night.
We made this for the church activity and then I took it home and we left it on the porch with a bowl of candy while we were trick or treating...I kinda liked the idea of it.
Our family picture...yes I know it doesn't look so good when the lights are on...but hey at least we have a family picture right?


Then there's Halloween. Joe and I decided we had to dress up. After going back and forth on if we should or not or what we could even be for cheap without buying costumes...he talked to my wonderful brother-in-law who gave us the idea. Cheap and easy...until we realized every store was out of light stick necklaces. So we made do with what we had...and to be honest it didn't work out to what I was hoping for until we had our pictures taken. Then I was okay with it. We enjoyed lunch with some friends and then home to get ready for the Halloween party at another friend's house who was awesome and did dinner and all kinds of food for over 30 adults and over 30 kids... It was awesome and the food and decorations were so creative and cool. Then off to trick or treat. As the trick or treating started and all 3 kids were crying or whining (Abby wasn't feeling too awesome, Hannah, well we are used to it, and Weston has to be teething b/c he decided to screamed a good part of the day today) our camera dropped and that was the end of it for me. All the pictures turn out dark now and I am still trying to get over it. So not too many pictures from all our Halloween festivities except for ones that others took for us.
Look at the cute nerds. I had to put the one picture in because of the lady's face...love it...and the one with Hannah and the spider is the house she got yelled at for kicking the spider and touching it. Happy Halloween!

At the party...the hammock was a huge hit with the kids, can you tell? Abby and Drew enjoying each other as usual.
We look better with the lights off...and the earrings are the distinguishing feature instead of a dress.

In all, it was a fun Halloween and the kids are starting to enjoy it even though Abby got too cold and was done early but Hannah was all about it this year. We had talked about seeing scary things before hand and told them that it wasn't real and just pretend. So Hannah saw a clown but she thought it was a tiger for some reason and got scared and then after she kept saying, "Mean tiger, but it's just pretend." She didn't just say it once either it was the whole night...so every time she saw anything scary she would say, "But Mom, it's just pretend." And Weston slept most of the trick or treating part thankfully! Now I have a huge headache and it's time for bed.

He's lying, he wasn't that happy I promise! He's got on Abby's old pumpkin jammies (that she wore when she was over a year) to trick-or-treat in...

1 comment:

Lonna said...

Wow that was a ton of celebrating. I am glad that you were able to get so many uses out of the kids costumes. I think that we had Gwen and Harrison in theirs for official Halloween business only twice.

You know it is hard to believe with a little face like that, that Weston could do anything but smile. But I love those little pumpkin jammies and I am cracking up at you and Joe's costumes! What a good idea. You stay so busy and I love seeing all the fun things that you and the kids do all the time, so glad that you have the time to do all of it. I do wonder sometimes when you sleep.