Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

Acting out the nativity for FHE with friends



Friends' neighborhood cookie exchange at their clubhouse


We went to Austin for Christmas this year and had a great time. We didn't do a whole lot for Christmas this year but of course we were spoiled from family that makes sure we are taken care of. We all got great stuff and enjoyed ourselves and food. I swear all we do when we are with my family is eat. But my dad got the Wii this year for Christmas so we all spent some time playing that and we especially liked playing American Idol. But Abby enjoyed soccer and hula hooping. I realized looking through pictures I didn't really take any. I blame it on not having my good camera working though. So here's what I have.
Christmas Eve as we were getting started with the cooking at about 1 pm, the power went out at my parents'. Seriously?!? We thought oh it will come back on soon. Nope. It was 6:30pm when it came back on which it is already dark at that point. We couldn't do much. We tried to read a Christmas story and open our Christmas Eve pj's in the dark. Abby held the flashlight for my mom while she read. But after the jammies had been opened, it was at the point it was really getting annoying and freezing. And then as we were about to eat (we had to heat it all up on the grill outside), the lights came back on and the rest of the night went well.


Christmas Eve jammies, I guess with the flash you can't tell how dark it was without power.


Christmas Morning and our only family picture that morning. (It's a keeper I know)
Hannah smiling b/c she got such a cool piggy bank from Uncle Chris (Joe's brother). And let's just say she wasn't too excited again this Christmas about opening presents, I think it's just too much for her still. Maybe next year.
They loved their suitcases with their names on it and their Princess Tiana nightgowns from Joe's parents.
This is what Abby really wanted for Christmas (my little brother's dog, Emma) Maybe in about 10 years.
We used to always go to a movie growing up on Christmas but now with having little kids, it's been too hard. My mom is always the one that gets stuck at home with all the kids and now that me and my older brother have 3 kids, close in age, it's way too hard. So that night after everyone went to bed, my little brother and Joe decided they wanted to go to a movie and wanted me to come with them. I was already completely exhausted but I thought what the heck, and went to the 11:30 pm showing of Sherlock Holmes. I can't believe I stayed awake. Little to know that my girls woke up as soon as we left and my mom ended up upstairs with them until nearly 2am when we got home. Thanks again mom! And this is when the sicknesses started to set in.
Anyway we had a ton of fun and hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas too. And we wish everyone a safe, and Happy New Year!

No comments: