Last weekend my parents' decided to come and visit us finally. They haven't been here pretty much since they helped so much when Weston was born. It just shows that we go there way too often for them to ever miss us and actually make the 3 hour drive to come see us from Austin. But we had a fun weekend.
Hannah turned 2.5 on Saturday (that was brought to my attention on Friday night and had nothing to do with any of our weekend plans). She is still definitely my most difficult child, but she makes us laugh constantly by her funny personality and we love her anyway. Anyway we got to enjoy going to see The Princess and the Frog with my parents'. And little did I know we picked out the showtime that it was playing in XD and in a brand new theatre at our nearest Tinseltown, that had opened only a day before. So it was pretty cool and the girls really enjoyed it. We even brought Weston along, against my wanting to just get a babysitter, but Joe wanted to take him and said he would take care of him the whole movie. He did awesome and only needed to be held standing for the last few minutes of the movie. My girls love movies and they keep asking to go see it again. But pretty sure next time they see it, it will be for $1 at redbox.
This is the only picture we took all weekend...maybe b/c my nice camera has not been able to be fixed yet. Hannah enjoyed the popcorn and even spilled the box over and then sat on the floor and started eating it off the floor. The theater had only been opened a day so how dirty could it be right?
Then we showed my parents around and had yummy samples at Hubble and Hudson, an awesome store/restaurant, not sure what kind of store to call it, but it is my parents' kind of store. My dad bought some sushi, which has always grossed me out, but I loved it and I'm pretty sure I ate the majority of what he bought. Sorry Dad!
That night we went to a drive through live nativity thing up in Conroe by a local church that was pretty neat as well. It had lots of live animals and scenes throughout Christ's life and we were given a candy cane and hot chocolate, along with a cd to narrate through the nativity, oh and 4 Little New Testaments. (All for FREE). Besides Hannah running into one of the cups of hot chocolate in the car and knocking it all over my console, it went well.
And me and my mom also got to make jalapeno jelly, which is pretty domestic for me. We love it! And we pretty much snacked the whole time they were here. And we also got to enjoy 2 nights of canasta playing. It was a lot of fun and we hope they come back to visit us more often.
Random picture of Abby in my glasses
Tonight the girls were all sitting on the floor with an instrument each while Abby sang into the microphone "Away in a Manger." I really enjoyed it and had to capture the moment. I should have videoed it but didn't think of that til now.
Oh and I promise Hannah did not wear that or look like that all day! But when we are home I try not to fight her on clothes and shoes.

3 comments:
It sounds like a great weekend! I love your girls personalities -- they have plenty of it!
How exciting to have your parents up for the weekend. It looks like you did a lot of fun things, I think that we are never really welcome at the theater and usually either James or I end up in the hall with a kid, and we don't even have a baby so you are in great shape for that activity.
I wish that we had a drive through nativity, that is a really great idea. Are you going to be here for Christmas? Or will your mom and dad make a trip to you for the holidays?
Sounds like a fun weekend. I wish I could my parents down to see us more often, but like you, we are the one's making the trip! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment