Pictures are getting harder and harder to take of this kid!


Yesterday my baby turned 9 months. Crazy I know. No teeth yet even though I have been told so many times he's teething, but he still has nothing to show for it. He is now a speedy crawler, and pulls himself up onto and into EVERYTHING. The day has come though that he no longer needs a bib at all times. FINALLY! He still spits up occasionally (mostly just on Dad) but way less often than his first 8 months. He has graduated from his baby tub to the real bath and the girls love taking baths with him (for now). He loves food, but mostly only real food. Baby food no longer satisfies him...he prefers pizza, turkey, cheese, crackers, goldfish, meat, and a lot of bananas. He has also decided that he no longer needs morning naps (a lot of times anyway). And his afternoon nap seems to be getting shorter and shorter, with an average of about 2 hours, which is nothing compared to my other kids at this age or what I need during the day. But we love him, and the girls now think he is old enough to play with them. Abby carries him constantly, and takes him over to the "play" kitchen and starts handing him food and toys and they play together. I love it! He is, most of the time, an easy baby and doesn't mind others being with him or holding him (so opposite of Hannah still to this day). Changing his diaper and buttoning his pajamas have become way too frustrating to me that sometimes I just give up and let him go without until I can be patient enough to try again. He cannot sit still for anything especially diaper changes. But I love having active kids as busy and crazy as it makes me. He is awesome at going to the doctor; he's had his share of doctor appointments in his short little life. His ear infections have come back, which is not a good thing. He had them for a month straight and less than 2 weeks later they are both back. If they aren't cleared up for good soon, we may have to have tubes put in, unfortunately. Poor guy just can't get rid of them. I am hoping that this is the cause of his lack of sleep lately too. They also pricked his finger to check for anemia, and he didn't make a sound. I've never not had a baby scream from any kind of prick or poke. But he didn't, he was so strong, and it took about 5 minutes of her squeezing his finger to get enough blood out, and he didn't cry once. And here are his stats:


5 comments:
He is so dang cute!I love the slicked hair, he is really getting big! Im serious about finding us a job out there, our boys are too close in age not hang out!
first off, his crib bedding is so cute. secondly, so sad to hear about his ear infections but it made me feel like i'm not alone after this week b/c colton's RSV has flared up again for the second time in 1 month and we are back to round the clock breathing treatments and steroids. i feel like all i ever do is take care of sick kids! it's so hard to see your baby sick. anyway, here's to flu season almost being over!!!!!
His eyes are amazing!! I can't get any good shots of Brooklyn lately either. They are way too busy to sit still for photos, that's for sure.
You have the cutest kids--they are all 3 just adorable. Maybe one day I'll actually be able to see the youngest two in real life. :) Miss you!
So cute! Love the cheeks! I can't believe he's already 9 months! Let me know if you need more clothes :)
Post a Comment