Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Child-Proofing


The day has come where I need to child-proof my cabinets...Weston got to this and broke it in all of about 3 seconds from setting him on the ground last night. I mean couldn't he have at least broken a glass or a dish or something? Did it really have to be something that is kind of important in the kitchen, my blender?

He has been getting into every cupboard he shouldn't the past few weeks. There are several that would just be Tupperware and random things that I don't care if he plays with, it would just be a mess. But he only gets into the ones with cleaners, glass, and appliances.

But we are moving in 2 months today...so I don't want to go through and child proof everything or screw a bunch of stuff in. So where can I get stick on things or something cheap and temporary? I've thought of moving the stuff that I don't want, or packing it, but there is too much and it can't be packed yet, so I've got to do something.

I've never child proofed anything. My girls didn't ever get into cupboards or anything. All I've had to use is the door knob things which they have come to figure those out now. But Weston I have a feeling is going to be a different story. So if anyone has suggestions, please let me know ASAP...so we don't have any more incidents of something broken...or worse.
I've also never had a child who has liked the toilet much either...but the girls have been practicing shutting the door after they use the potty every time...I, on the other hand, need to work harder on it.

But how could you get mad at this kid?

2 comments:

Lonna said...

I am telling you it has to be a boy thing. We went through the same thing, Gwen never cared much for the danger of breaking things, but Harrison was and is totally different.

Pretty sure that we have been through two different blenders in the past 2 years...you would think that I would learn. Nope I guess not.

He is so cute, you are right how could you be mad at that little face.

Emilee said...

Sounds like we have 2 peas in a pod. The other day Brooklyn broke a glass pitcher in her lap as she pulled it out of the cupboard. And the toilet... is fascinating to her! YUCK!

We ended up buying the kind of locks that you have to screw in for the cabinets... not too expensive & worth it for my sanity.