Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

We went down to Austin on Thursday night to spend the weekend with my family. We had tons of fun even though Hannah got sick while we were there. We went to their neighborhood egg hunt and got lots of fun stuff there. Hannah even won the prize egg and won a Webkinz bunny...seriously it says on there not for under age 3 on it and that was the prize for the 0-3 age group. It was nice and it's cool but it's still a little hard for Abby. But whatever...then we went on a little walk through the woods (not really sure what you would call it) down a trail and saw waterfalls and prettiness (I know it's not really a word) all around. It was a lot of fun and I was surprised at how well the kids did. We swam, well the kids and Joe swam, while I tried to lay out. We colored eggs, went on another hunt, did the Wii Dance, and Karaoke, and ate lots of good food. But at 3am Sunday morning, Hannah decided to get sick and throw up all over Abby who then went crazy. I felt so bad for her, it ended up getting all over her hair and face and she wasn't even sick (yet)! (My dad wanted to take the kids camping in the backyard that night...I suggested to do it another time...and I'm pretty sure he was glad I said that or else they probably all would have been thrown up on in a tent with sleeping bags). So that night was a long one for me and Joe, although he ended up giving the girls a bath and staying up with Hannah while she was sick. She was sick all day Sunday and wanted me to hold her all day which was nice to feel wanted b/c she usually wants Joe, but hard to do anything at the same time. We drove home with no one getting sick luckily b/c that probably would have done me in.

We woke Weston up to go...he was a little serious about the whole thing

Weston with Nana and the Easter basket

playing on the monkey bars before it started
getting a treat from the Easter bunny
waiting for the signal to start
all done
the firemen came too, the girls got to talk to them and check out the inside of the truck

on the nature walk...Hannah couldn't get enough of Papa...Weston too
trying to cross over....it was a little scary since no one had on good shoes, and the stone was steep
but they all did it anyway
the grandkids
they love their Papa
When Hannah found her Easter basket
getting ready to start...
Hannah not feeling so good, but was able to make it through the hunt...worn out it took a lot of effort to find all those eggs

1 comment:

Lonna said...

I am so sorry to hear that Hannah got sick, that is no fun. But I do love the pictures of all the fun things that you did.

I love Easter egg hunts, I am so glad that our kids liked them this year, it looks like your girls did a great job at finding the eggs, and way to go Hannah for winning a big prize too.

You never seem to slow down even for a weekend. Let me know when you are down here again so we can get together.