Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sea World for the Birthday Girl

We decided to go up to Sea World for Hannah's birthday since my parents were already in San Antonio for their anniversary while I stayed home alone for mine. (we got married on my parents' 25th anniversary). It was a lot of fun and Hannah loved every part of it. It was worth it even though it was so hot. But I really like the heat so I was good. Here's some pictures from our day! On the way home we stopped at Target to get some birthday presents, since I am horrible, and waited until the last minute. And then we stopped in New Braunfels at a highly recommended catfish restaurant. We didn't get home until after 9pm, hurried and wrapped the presents and ended up giving her a Jenny Craig personal chocolate cake with a candle in it b/c it was too late and I was leaving the next day to go back to Houston so I didn't want to waste a whole cake. She was perfectly happy and got so excited to open each present this year. It was a lot of fun.

Just checking out how short my kids really are...Abby barely made the cut off for Shamu Express...38 inches



the rides they could actually ride on







Our favorite show...Hannah loved the girls' suits and Abby loved sitting in the splash zone and getting splashed by the wakeboards






Poor Weston was so hot and tired, he finally fell asleep...for a few minutes


the presents are wrapped and she was loving life all day


the awesome homemade cake

2 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

I don't know Sierra...my kids will probably be shorter than yours:) So far Jaeda is in the 8th% and has the exact same stats as me when I was a baby...:)

Lonna said...

We are heading down there next week and I am totally worried that it is going to be so HOT! Did you just wear you swim suit the entire day, I was thinking that might be the best thing for the kids since we could just hit that little spray/sprinkler part over and over as the heat of the day increases.

I think that is so fun that you were able to enjoy it with your parents too. Love the idea for the personal birthday cake.