So people ask me a lot if we have done anything to our house since we moved in...We have done some minor things, bought enough furniture to fill it up and hung more but that's about it. We've now been here for 3 months and Joe has installed a couple fans, a couple home theater systems, changed and added more porch lights, and I've pretty much just tried to keep it clean...which is way too much work with 3 kids at home all day with me and being pregnant.
But we did manage to paint our smallest bathroom, I figured that was an easy place to start. Well I was wrong, I spent more time in that bathroom then I ever thought I would in the whole time we live in this house. I actually copied a friend, who doesn't know, well until she reads this post that I copied her. But she had it on her blog and I loved it so I thought I would try it. Way more work than I imagined and probably wouldn't have done it if I had known. But it's been a few months since I did it so I am starting to feel the urge to paint something else, but just one solid color and probably just one wall at a time.
And I've wanted a new kitchen table since we were given the one we have almost 5 years ago. But it seems like a good solid table and I figured I could just redo it and then I would be fine with it. Another project if I would have known how long it would take I would have just tried to sell it and buy another one. Especially because it's not even done. I had originally wanted the seats of the chairs to be a dark stain and the rest black paint and same with the top of the table and then the rest of the table black. Well it started taking so long and we couldn't find time to do it much so I told Joe just to paint the chairs all black. So he did, except for the 2 he had already stained the seat of. Well we finally got it done and the chairs he stained the seat of look way better, so at some point we will get around to doing it to the rest of them but for now it's just the 2 end chairs. And we have 2 leaves for the table that hopefully by summertime we can finish. But for now we have finished what's going to be finished for a while. I'm so sick of having the table and chairs in the garage and not being able to park and then not having a table for a few days, that I can wait on the rest of it for now.
So in the picture below, you can see what the table and chairs used to look like. And don't worry, the baby rocker is not in the living room anymore...(this was taken the week we moved in)
after...
And here's the bathroom.
Neither are perfect by any means...we just got so tired of doing it that we gave up. Like the bathroom, I retaped the lines and redid it 3 times and then I gave up.
2 years ago

4 comments:
That is the EXACT style of table that I want! I have been thinking about painting ours this summer, so it is good to know what I am getting myself into first. I also love the stripes in your bathroom. They look great! I can see why they would take forever!
Sierra, you're so funny and you can "copy" me anytime! lol I actually think yours turned out better than mine! And you did it with 3 kids and being pregnant, so major kudos to you!! Congrats on the pregnancy, by the way! Love your blog and love keeping up with you and your cute family.
That bathroom looks great! I love it and I see why it took so long, painting stripes is intense.
You know you put the rest of us to shame doing all the stuff you do AND while you are pregnant. Pretty sure that when I tell James all the things you do and with 3 kids and one on the way he then gets it in his head that maybe we could try for another kid too. Lets just say I was hesitant to tell him you were pregnant.
Good work on the home projects. I can't wait to see what you get the urge to paint next.
Nice job, Sierra! The painting and the furniture updates look excellent!
Post a Comment