Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Things I Need to Remember about Weston at This Age

But since I'm not doing so well on keeping up with his baby book and what days he got all his teeth, and so on...I really need to remember a few things I love about this kid.


He makes me laugh constantly!

He pretty much can say everything now...it may not be the correct word but most of the time I know what he's talking about (i.e. "bop" for drink)



He no longer will get in the car in his car seat without screaming, arching his back, and yelling, "ipod ipod"....yes, I made the mistake of letting him use it in the car once. And now he won't let me buckle him in the car anymore without it in his hand. He has become quite the pro at it now too. A few weeks ago he didn't know how to slide it onto the main screen, but that didn't last long. He plays his matching game, numbers, and colors games with fruits. He loves it! He yells, "Mama, did it!" super loud, and super proud of himself every time he beats something or finishes it. And asks, "help" over and over until you help for the puzzle part that he has a harder time with. You would think I would have learned my lesson after he threw the last one in the bath, but I figure the car is one of the safest places for it and I make sure I take it back once I get him out.
I'm pretty sure he understands just about everything now. And he actually listens to me when I tell him to go give something to someone or share or go get something. I love it because he listens to me more than the girls do most of the time.
And when we say the prayer, he just looks so cute. I told him we were going to say a prayer and snapped this picture really quick so I could have it forever!


I love the way he calls Abby, Aya. He was calling both the girls that but Hannah has yelled at him enough, he really tries not to make the mistake anymore. She yells, "I'm not Aya, I'm Hannah," and then he starts calling her Hannah again.

And today marks the first time I have told him to say sorry after hitting, and he looked at Hannah and said, "Sorry Hannah"....finally! We are getting somewhere.
He now only walks down the stairs and no longer slides which makes me a little sad. He has become quite the pro at eating cereal without making a mess with the milk anymore. I still love watching this kid eat. He is constantly into everything and wanting my attention and driving me crazy, and if he gets attention he is always happy. He is growing up so fast, I have to make sure I remember these little things that make me love him so much. My girls were in beds at his age, but I can't let him get into one yet, mostly because I just don't want to move beds around, but still. And we tried taking his binkie away that he only has in bed, but it was too sad, so I'm waiting another week or so until I can try and be more firm and not feel so bad.

There is so much more about him, but that will be all for now.

2 comments:

Julia said...

He is so cute! I love the prayer picture!

Lonna said...

He is getting so big, and I also just love that little praying picture. What a character. We also got into the habit of letting our kids use the iphones for games, and now I can never find mine because they have been using it. Oh well.