She is here and I'm slow at posting these days. I am so grateful my mom is here b/c I'm pretty positive we couldn't do it without her since I've barely made it out of bed yet. But we are doing well and glad to be home and recovering.
I've had mixed feelings with the end of this pregnancy and my new baby. I hated hated being pregnant at the end but then when my time was up, I had mixed feelings thinking this was the last time I could be pregnant again and feel a baby inside me. And the hospital stay, I enjoyed thoroughly and even kept Audrey in my room with me 2 out of the 3 nights, which I've never done before. But I'm trying to take everything in this time, knowing it is my last and final time to have a newborn and I love the newborn stage.
But here she is...
She was born at 2:04pm, Tuesday, May 31, weighed 7 lb 1 oz, and was 19 inches long.
She weighed 6 lb 6 oz the night before we left the hospital so we are headed back to the doctor tomorrow to see how she is doing. She had a rough start on eating but now she's doing great so I'm sure her weight is back up. She had mild jaundice so that will be checked again tomorrow as well. The doctor also heard a soft heart murmur so she had to get an echo done but everything came back normal so she said it must be a transient one although she still heard it a little the day we left the hospital, so that too will be checked again tomorrow. Other than that she is perfect. And I am finally not so paranoid now that she is out and healthy. That part of pregnancy I am so glad I never have to do over again.
The kids love her although they have been fighting on who she looks at more or who gets to hold her first, etc.
Enough with the writing...here are some pictures...
Our last family picture of 5 in Audrey's room, right before me and Joe left to go to the hospital. I wasn't allowed to eat, or wear make-up, hence the reason I am looking so good.
My best friend was right by my side the whole time, although he did sneak in some footage and pictures of the procedure, including a nice picture of my uterus...kind of fun to look at...
While they were cutting...I had calmed down by the time they started, it's the before part that freaks me out
Love at first sight, no matter how much stuff she was covered in
Here she is, semi cleaned up...she came out with red spots on one eye between her eyes and above her lips...The one between her eyes is heart shaped, kinda cute. But they should be gone within a couple of months and have already faded quite a bit
Proud big sister, sick and all
Weston finding other stuff to play with
Nurturing Abby can't get enough of her
I love to hear Weston ask to hold her, it's so cute
Waiting to go home
Loading everything up...Audrey was relaxing on my bed
And here she is resting with mom yesterday
2 years ago

10 comments:
She's adorable!
I was the same way right before the surgery. When the nurse said it was time to go, I started crying. Not because I was really worried or scared, but I think anxious would be the word.
Congrats, Sierra! She is beautiful. It is very mixed feelings when you know it will be your last. This third one is my last, so I have been trying to soak it all up and not take it for granted. Good luck recovering! This last baby was my second c-section, so I know how it goes. Best of luck to you and your whole family!
Congrats!!!
Congratulations again! Such cute pictures! I'm glad all is well. In that picture of her waiting to go home I can definitely see the Griffin resemblance!!
Yay! Glad you're home! She's beautiful! Hope you're getting some rest!
she is beautiful, sierra! so happy you are both doing well. hope to see her in person one day. glad your mom is there, so hopefully you are getting a little rest. 4 kids...wow, you are awesome!
congrats! she's beautiful!
She is such a beautiful, perfect little angel. You have such a darling family. I can't wait to come and visit and hold her. She is beautiful just like her mama.
Congratulations, Sierra and Joe! What a beautiful post. I'm so happy for your whole family. Audrey's a lucky girl. Take care and enjoy every second in this tiny baby stage that disappears so suddenly. Hugs to you.
Yeah! Congrats. She is beautiful!
Post a Comment