Friday, May 13, 2011

The Month of May

Well May is about half over, thankfully, but definitely not going fast enough for me...especially this week. The month of May we have/had a lot going on hoping that it would make time go by faster, which it has in some ways...others, not so much.


Swimming lessons started...I wanted to get them done in May so that we could be finished with them by the time this baby comes so I didn't have to try and keep all the kids busy while one had swimming. So we got in luckily, but unfortunately, Abby and Hannah are not in back to back classes. Hannah goes Monday and Wednesday afternoons, and then we change into dance stuff in the car (which is harder than you think when she is still a little wet) and go straight to dance. Abby goes to swimming Tuesday and Thursday mornings while Hannah is in preschool, then she changes into her school clothes in the car and we go straight to school for her and then I have a 20 minute break before I have to pick Hannah up from preschool. Anyway I just feel like I'm in the car for a few hours at a time during each day. But I'm glad I did it this way, it's been nice being super busy and not being at home as much. Although I still have a ton to do and am not finding the time to do it.

Hannah is about half the size of the rest of her class, I love it.


Lessons are going great, they both LOVE going and I think have already progressed quite a bit.
Hopefully I can get some better pictures at some point when I'm not chasing after Weston.

Joe's birthday came and went on Cinco de Mayo. The night before, there was a festivity nearby that Joe had to help with for work. So we met him up there, got faces painted, got snow cones, and enjoyed some good dinner for the special people who had a part of the night (which somehow we got included). Joe escorted the mariachi band around to various parts (a hotel, restaurant, and the middle park area) to perform, which is just right up his alley. So we watched the live entertainment and played while he was busy with them.



Joe's birthday. We didn't do much. I was going to just make some cupcakes and dinner. But our awesome friend who just had a baby a few weeks ago said she would come over and make him a cake while I made dinner. It looked awesome and tasted even better. And that was pretty much the extent of his birthday.









We got a trampoline and didn't get Weston, Joe, or Hannah much for their birthday so that we could. It was supposed to be a gift from the baby and something for them to do when I'm busy but we decided to get it a little early. It has been a big hit so far. Weston is enjoying it and enjoying his alone time, since most of the time he's been on trampolines has been with a lot of people and it's been too much for him.

I found him out there with the Nutella one day watching it bounce while he jumped. He's a little weird. And ever since he's turned 2, he is making me crazy with his tantrums and his destructiveness. But of course he laughs and smiles about it all knowing that he's cute and if he does that he usually gets away with it.






Hannah's preschool class made us lunch and sang to us last week for Mother's Day. It was really cute and they did a great job. Hannah wasn't really into the singing at the time, but we had a great time. Mother's Day was nice and enjoyable and relaxing. I didn't have to worry about any meals, Joe had it all figured out and took care of it all.


Joe decided to start a new project at home, that again is more work than expected and still not complete. But hopefully soon. He decided we needed something around our bushes. There are a lot of houses being built around us and Joe is always out talking and negotiating with the workers. He has been able to take all the extra stone that isn't needed for the houses and start collecting it so that he could build this little wall thing around our bushes in the front. Here I thought you just go around the mulch and lay the stones, but boy was I wrong. He had someone come dig a trench for us, and the next day after the sprinklers had gone off, we had a nice moat around the house. Then he went and got cement to put in the trench and who knows where you go from there. He laid out some of the stone to see how much we have and how much we'll need so here is how the progress is being made before the stone setting. And hopefully after this weekend, it will get finished because doesn't it make our yard look so nice right now?





18 more days, not like I'm counting down or anything...18 more days of my life that I will ever be pregnant again!

2 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

HaHa...are you sure? I am pretty sure every Christmas letter...says we promise this is the last one...just giving you a hard time! Congrats at the end of May!

Julia said...

Great pictures! I can't wait to see your yard finished, it will look awesome! See you tomorrow!!