Monday, June 20, 2011

Hannah's 4th Birthday

Hannah's Birthday Party...I tried to keep it really simple this year and do it at home since I knew I would have just had a baby 11 days earlier. So I tried to plan it and get most of the stuff before little Audrey arrived, but after I realized I hadn't gotten most of the stuff, I just had ideas. So my mom was a huge help and ran errands and picked up all the last minute stuff. I couldn't have done it without her. Although I tried to keep it simple, it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. So I'm glad Mandy decided to stay and help too b/c that made it much more manageable. But the girls were so well behaved and did so well, it was fun. We made lei's with lifesavers and foam flowers which was maybe a little too difficult for the majority of the kids, we played limbo, found seashells in the sand for prizes, a pinata on the trampoline, pin the seashell on the beach, and a few other little activities. I think the kids enjoyed it and I think it was a success. But I am glad that we have decided to do birthday parties from now on only on even age years. So I have next year off to think about the 4 we will be having the following year since they are all even ages the same years.

We had Hannah's party on our 7th wedding anniversary as well as my parents' 32nd anniversary (the day before her actual birthday since her birthday was on a Sunday this year). Joe and I did get out to eat but that was about as far as the celebrating went this year and having so many birthdays and a birth all so close together I'm just glad I have a few months break now.

Some pictures from the party...






















2 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

You are a supermom!

Zach & Lizzy said...

You are supermom, I have to agree!! It looks like the party turned out darling as ever. What a fun themed party :)