Well Audrey will be a month old in a few day but since all the kids are gone and she won't go to sleep so I can take a nap, I decided to get this done now. I would love to say she's grown a lot since she was born but she actually just hit her birth weight again as of last Friday. So I'm hoping she is still gaining. But there has been a lot (to say the least) going on this month.
Audrey is an awesome sleeper though. Even in the hospital she was sleeping great until a nurse would come in and tell me I needed to wake her up because it had been too long. She has slept 5-9 hours (average is about 7 hours) at a time at night since the day she was born every night but 3. And those 3 were in a row last week and they pretty much killed me.
But she did lose weight. At her 2 week check up she was at 6 lb 6 oz which is 11 oz smaller than she was at birth (7 lb 1 oz). At 2 weeks you are supposed to have surpassed your birth weight and here she was way under it again instead of gaining 1-2 oz a day. So I have been supplementing, pumping, and nursing, to see if that helped, and going in to have her weighed. And now she is back up to what she weighed when she was born but I'm not sure I can keep up with all the feedings in every way each time and 3 other kids so I'm contemplating where to go from here.
Looking at pictures from the hospital, she looks huge. I mean I know she was swollen and stuff, but she just seems so skinny now with no fat on her. It's kind of weird looking at these pictures.
1 week old
One of her first full on baths
The only picture I have of all 4 kids...
The girls can't get enough of her
Weston enjoys messing with her, poking fingers in ears, grabbing her hand when I won't help with a game on the ipod, he will grab her hand and say, "help, help"
Gymnastics started for Abby and Hannah. They love it and it is a lot of fun to watch.
Hannah's birthday/party, and our (and my parents') anniversary came and went. Found out that my dad has cancer. My mom left to be with my dad for a few days. His surgery and awaiting the results, made me a more emotional wreck than I already was after just having a baby and then having the girls' recital, and Audrey's blessing weekend full of family. That was all within a week.
This is what happened my first day alone after my mom left, in a matter of minutes. I never did see it, thanks to Joe going up and cleaning it up and taking a picture for me. I've tried to go up and down the stairs as little as possible and this is when I wasn't going up at all. But we have had lots of messes and they are all really starting to get to me.
I forgot about this picture my sister in law took. I thought it was funny.
Abby always happy to help
Audrey is smiling now. A lot. I love it.
The other 3 kids have been able to get out quite a bit and do some fun stuff too since Joe's mom has been here. They have been to the zoo, to the library story time, to a movie, swimming, to the park, to different stores, etc. But as much fun as we've had this month, I am so ready for June to be over.
2 years ago

2 comments:
Your family is so precious and so is your new little Audrey. Your girls are so darling and I love how they just love their new little sister. You are amazing to go through all that you have all on top of having a baby. Your amazing!!
Oh my goodness, Sierra! I just read that your dad has cancer! I hope it can get cured fast and that he'll be fine. I'm so sorry. What kind? How is he doing and how's your mom?
Audrey is so adorable. I love the picture of her on the cute pink, brown, and white blanket on the floor.
Post a Comment