Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July

This was our first year since we moved to Texas 5 years ago that we didn't spend it in Austin. Kind of sad but oh well. And I think it was also the first year we didn't see or do our own firework show in my entire life. Fireworks were banned. We are in a drought...Sad, I know.

But what we did do...we went to breakfast at The Egg and I. I was a little worried to take all 4 kids and get the looks from everyone and stressing that the kids will be good enough. They were awesome and even ate every bite on their plate and they each got their own kids meal, which they usually all split one...maybe because we didn't eat til 11 and we didn't let them eat anything before. I couldn't believe it, it went so well.

Joe finished building shelves for our garage and then took the 3 kids to the pool, while me and Audrey got ready to go to a friend's house for a barbecue. We went to the barbecue and from there hit up the 4th of July event at the Waterway (where Joe works). We didn't do much there but sit and relax, eat a little more, listen to some live music and watch the kids run around and dance. But we had a good time even if there weren't any fireworks.

Audrey all ready to celebrate her first holiday! Oh and FYI, at 1 month this girl weighed a whopping 7 lb. 10 oz. She's growing and still sleeping at least 8 hrs in a row at night. We are happy!


Another attempt at getting all the kids in a picture together. Still...not so good. But I'll keep trying.


Random picture of Weston, pretty sure he enjoys the baby swing now, more than any of the kids did as babies.


Petting the police horses. They were handing out cards with the police's picture on them (like baseball cards). kinda weird if you ask me and I'm pretty sure I threw the last one away today.


blurry I know, but this is what the kids enjoyed doing in front of the stage where the band was. Dancing, rolling, and playing in the grass.


Hannah loves dressed up characters, I mean LOVES, she's a little on the obsessed side where she can't stop touching them...but here she is with the State Farm bear.


Hanging out in the sponsor tent (thanks to Joe's firm being a sponsor) If you look closely, you can check out the bikini girl in the dunk tank.


The girls were taking pictures of each other. This is so Hannah! The girl loves to tease and be a little crazy.


The girls and Joe sitting up front. Not sure where Weston was at this point...I think on the other end of the stage.

No comments: