Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bike Riding Skills

Every time I have mentioned to Abby that she should learn how to ride her bike without training wheels, she has said, "I can't." She wasn't ready to try...but a couple weeks ago, I said it again after coming home from a bike decorating party and she decided she was ready and wanted to learn.

So Joe went out there with her, took off the training wheels, and 5 minutes later, Abby ran inside screaming that she could ride a bike on two wheels. She said it was too hot outside and she needed a break so they came in for 5 minutes and went out again. She got better each set of 5 minutes she went out there. I am so proud of her, I knew she could do it all along. But I guess she just needed to want to do it before she was ready.

So I think for her birthday in a few weeks she will be ready for a big girl bike.

Sorry I suck and these are sideways...I screwed up and didn't know how to rotate it. So just turn your head sideways and watch.




And here she is taking her first big fall

2 comments:

Zach & Lizzy said...

Wow! She did so great!! She is so darn cute :)

sgriffin.ca said...

There she goes- there's no stopping her now :-)
I'm so proud of her!