This weekend is my ten-year reunion from high school...I always thought I would go to all my reunions since I LOVED high school. There were moments and days that were not so great, but I was one of those people who LOVED high school. I had a great group of friends and I have so so many memories from that time in my life.
And then ten years came and went and I think I have done some major growing up in those years.
My favorite girls from high school (high school graduation day May 2001)

This weekend is also my grandma's 90th birthday and I decided I wanted to be there for it. Her 80th birthday we went on a hot air balloon ride, and her 85th we went skydiving for the first time...
After the hot air balloon ride
Her 90th will be a little more mellow on the Heber Creeper in Utah, but I am so excited and can't wait. She has been there for almost every major event in my life and so I want to be there for this big milestone for her. I probably will never get over me being the only one on the entire side of my mom's family that wasn't at my other grandma's funeral, so I decided it was worth missing my reunion to be at her birthday this year. And it's just me and Audrey going, Joe was so willing to watch the other 3 kids, and it was actually his idea for me to go!! And then I get home at midnight on Sunday night and my oldest baby girl is off to her first day of all day kindergarten bright and early Monday morning.
Some of the things I have done in the past ten years.
- Moved away from home for the first time
- Started college at BYU
- Met Joe/ Got engaged/ Got married
(engagement in San Francisco)


Favorite people from high school

- Graduated from BYU (8 months pregnant)
- Had first baby
- Went skydiving
gramma's 85th birthday

- Had 2nd baby (2 months before law school started)
- Supported (emotionally) my husband through law school

- Had third baby (finals week 2nd year of law school)
- Had to spend 2 summers without my husband (thanks to Mexico City and the Texas Bar Exam)
His favorite people from Mexico City
- Went on my first cruise

- Bought our first house
- Had fourth and final baby
Those are just some of the major things that I can think of off the top of my head
- I worked part time the first 4.5 years
- I have only had 2 cars personally in the past 10 years, but I guess Joe's had 3 since we've been married if you count those too
- I have moved 10 times (just since I've been married) if you count all the college moves back and forth it would add on another 5 times...and hope to stay in one place for a long while now
And I am so looking forward to the next 10 years of my life...I have high hopes...and will be at my 20 year reunion

2 comments:
how cute this was to read, although you forgot to mention the most important thing that happened to you since high school was meeting me! hello! haha, j/k. but really, you guys have accomplished so much, i am so happy for you. your kids are so darn cute and i really hope we get to see eachother in person again soon. have fun at your grandma's birthday, i would have made the same choice. in fact, i missed my 10 year reunion this summer too, because we wanted to take the kids to the family cabin. i guess as we grow up, we prioritize things differently.
I loved reading this! What a great post! You are an amazing woman. You have done some awesome things in your life and I know you'll do more!! Xoxox
Post a Comment