Thursday, September 29, 2011

Abby's Birthday

I can't believe I have a 6 year old. It makes me seem so much older now that she is 6 and in school. But I'm pretty sure she had a great birthday. Friday was her birthday, and it happened to be Storybook Day at her school. Her class was assigned to be purple cats, from the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I'm not so good at going all out, so she had a purple shirt, black pants, and cat ears and tail. I was going to do her face but she said they made masks to wear so she didn't need whiskers. We got up bright and early that morning to make cinnamon rolls for her breakfast, and then she opened a couple presents before school. But I don't think any of us could have handled getting up any earlier to open more. So she was patient enough to wait til Joe came home that night to open the rest. She had cookies to bring to school, and Joe met her with ChickFil A for lunch. When he got home from work, she opened presents and then headed to one of her favorites, Fuddruckers. (If you haven't been lately, you really need to go see there fancy fountain drink dispenser). We got home later than bedtime and then had cake, and went to bed with a few toys that she got and hadn't had time to look at.

Saturday morning is our donut day, so we had donuts, ran some errands, and then came home and got ready for her birthday party. I got a babysitter for Audrey and Weston since I didn't want to have to be running after them or worrying about them getting in the way of Abby's party. She had wanted a party at Sweet and Sassy but had settled when I thought I found a place that did all the same stuff (minus the pink limo). But I found a great deal and it sounded great so we did it at Snip-Its at the mall. We got there a little early, so as another birthday present she got to pick out a Build A Bear. We've never done that before really and probably never will again. I'm not a huge fan but it's fun once for everyone I guess. When we got to Snip-Its I realized it wasn't quite what I expected but it was still fun and I think all the girls had a great time dressing up, getting their hair done, putting on make up, nail polish, jewelry, and then walking down the red carpet in front of the whole store getting introduced. She got lots of great presents and had fun with all the girls she invited.

When she woke up in the morning...

Eating breakfast before school


Abby after school and after using purple eye shadow out of her new make up kit

random picture of Weston taking a nap in his new bed...which doesn't happen enough these days and I don't get to see him sleeping much so I snapped a picture while I could

Abby with her cat mask

Nice pic of Hannah with Dad's sunglasses



The birthday girl...and luckily she can now blow up balloons herself

Audrey ready to go out to eat

at Fuddruckers

Presents from Gigi and Papa Rich

She asked for a carrot cake. My dishwasher had been broken for a week, I was sick of doing dishes by hand so I just got a cake mix and canned frosting. As I was concentrating thinking how horrible it would be to misspell anything I looked down and was writing an "A" instead of "D" in birthday...so yes, the cake I know looks wonderful...but we took what we could get at that point and she didn't mind at all. But I did get a new dishwasher on her birthday...finally! I don't know what people do without them and with 6 people's dishes all day everyday.

Party time...getting her hair done








walking the red carpet...near the end... and at this point most of the girls were out of the dress ups, they had been in them too long and were sick of it. But it was still a fun part, minus the dramatic Hannah who did not participate and made sure everyone was aware of her.









1 comment:

Kelly said...

It's hard to believe Abby is six! What a fun birthday party--I like the little birthday table with the balloons in your kitchen too. Those plates are super cute! Happy birthday to your darling Abby.