Utah.
It was so much fun going to Utah with just Audrey. Although I would have loved for my whole family to be there, but it was a lot of fun just the 2 of us (and much easier). I remember stressing out when Abby was a baby going on an airplane by myself to the point I made myself sick. This time I couldn't wait to get on the plane and relax with only a baby who doesn't need a suitcase full of stuff to keep her busy and doesn't try to run down the aisles. She was awesome and it was completely stress free.
We rode on the Heber Creeper and had a barbecue. They asked if anyone can do that loud whistle, you know the one I'm talking about. Well, my dad happens to be a pro so he joined the little old country guys in their song by being their whistler.
Here's his face whistling...

Is he not so cute up there? And FYI, we are very grateful, after seeing doctors at MD Andersen....his cancer has been gone for a couple months now! But really, he was so cute up there, pretty sure everyone enjoyed watching him.


One of the pretty views from the train ride

I'm a little embarrassed to put pictures of myself on here yet...so no judging...but here's my gramma on her 90th birthday...and here's 4 generations


Now on to school.
3 of my kids started school. I can't believe it!












Abby...I think she adjusted to going to school all day every day really well. I think a lot of it was that she went to pre-k at her elementary school and went everyday for a few hours last year. And the fact that she is going to be 6 in 2 weeks could be part of it too.
But in pre-k they didn't have specials. I think she is really liking having PE, Art class, and Music class.
She rides the bus to and from school. Joe takes her out to the bus stop on the way to work at 7 and I pick her up from the bus stop a little after 3. She is gone all day every day but the days seem to be going so much faster. I can't believe Hannah will be starting kindergarten next year and I will be back down to 2 kids at home.
Abby and her teacher, Mrs. Willett
Outside her classroom
Her hardest thing is getting up in the mornings. But I think we have it down now. At 6:30 I go in and pick her up and carry her down to the kitchen table...instead of just going up and trying to get her to wake up, get dressed, and come eat. It works better if I carry her and put her on the chair where she has to wake up. But bedtime has become earlier and earlier so we are getting there.
Hannah.
She is going to the same preschool as last year with the same teacher and most of the same kids. She seems to be liking it just as much as last year.


Weston.
He started preschool this year. It's only 2 hours twice a week but it still gives me a little time to run errands and get a few things done with just Audrey. He seems to like it and is in with mostly boys. It's good for him since he's around girls so much at home. He actually comes home and tells me what he did and with who, unlike Hannah, who I can hardly get anything out of.
and yes he did get a haircut right after...so don't mind his fluffy hair
Of course he didn't want anything to do with pictures so this was all I got

He has decided he doesn't need naps anymore already, which I'm not sure I can handle yet. But here he is one day last week at about 4:30 he just couldn't make it any longer

Audrey.
is 3 months now. The summer flew by. She is really smiley most of the time. And I guess since she started out sleeping so well, it hasn't gotten too much better. But she is mostly sleeping 10-12 hours at night now and usually takes a good 3-5 hour nap during the day with short naps the rest of the day.

My little "griffin" baby

oh and haircuts...
Abby and Hannah decided to cut their hair during quiet time Sunday after church. Hannah got it bad, Abby's just has a few chops here and there and I actually didn't notice her's til the next day. And she cut Hannah's. But before you get so mad at Abby for it, like I did, you have to know that Hannah was the one who got the scissors and gave Abby permission. And I think we've done pretty well at covering it up so far. She can just wear her hair in about one way anymore. No more pony tails since it just spikes out the side where I usually part her hair.




No comments:
Post a Comment