Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ice Skating and Thanksgiving Feast



We were able to go to the Ice Skating preview night again this year b/c Joe's firm is the main sponsor of it every year. We took 3 of the kids with us this year and left Audrey with a friend. It was about 80 degrees out that day but I figured we would still need hats and gloves for inside and on the ice. Turns out we didn't need anything more than a long sleeve shirt. But by the end it had cooled off some, and that didn't seem to stop us from having fun. They got brand new little skates this year and they even had Weston's size instead of having to just wrap the blades around their shoes like we had to do with Hannah last year. So that was a huge plus this year. But Weston is still a little small and had a hard time even standing for long periods of time with his skates on. He preferred to stay in the little kids' part with his shoes on and just run around on the ice. Him and Hannah also enjoyed following the snowman around touching him and running, and giving him high 5s. But my phone pictures just didn't turn out too well so no snowman pictures this year, and most of them are blurry but oh well. The girls had fun and we enjoyed the food and company.






Abby's Thanksgiving Feast was Friday at school and I was able to just take Hannah with me and enjoy the time with both girls. Hannah had fun and I think Abby really enjoyed having her there too.




And here's Weston from a few weeks ago when he came down in his underwear and asked for help with his shoes and socks so he could go out and jump on the trampoline. No clothes were necessary but he needed his shoes and socks. And I am that mom who let him go out there like that.



Weston is also a little obsessed with BYU and football lately. His preschool teacher told me when they were going around the room saying what they were thankful this week, he said he was thankful for football. He asks to wear his "BYU Cougars" shirt almost daily and loves watching football with his dad. Here he is one day trying on Dad's hat, thinking he was pretty cool.



And little Audrey and I had less than 2 hours to ourselves on Tuesday while everyone was at school and we decided to take a little trip to the mall and get her ears' pierced. We made a big deal when Hannah and Abby got theirs' done but Joe said he preferred not to be there this time and I wanted them done before our family pictures so we just went and did it alone, which was much easier anyway. She was great, she cried as they were being pierced but not once after. We did Hannah's at 9 months and Abby's at 2.5 years...I think this so far has been the best age. Abby used to hide and cover her ears thinking it would hurt to clean them and Hannah was pretty good at grabbing her ears but she did great when we did hers' too. But Audrey does not care one bit and I can clean and twist them all day if I wanted to and she isn't bothered at all by it. So I'm glad we did it when we did this time around. And she loves them!


And that was our week!

1 comment:

Lonna said...

Oh I am so jealous that you have already had her ears pierced!! I keep thinking that I am going to go and get Stella's done but then it never happens. Audrey is so darling and what a treat that she is so mellow. Looks like you are staying busy and doing lots of fun things, and I still can't figure out how you remain so on top of everything and collected with all the stuff you have going on, maybe you should write a book of tips and tricks for me.

Love that Weston is such a fan of football and BYU, how cute is that. He is so darling and I just love his little smile.
I feel like I have not seen you in so forever, but I guess that is what happens when the kids are in school and a schedule takes over. I love checking in on your blog, and I am glad that you are so good about updating.