Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Week Before the week before Christmas

I was lucky to have friends take my kids last minute so I could be at the luncheon where Joe was put in as the Chairman (president) of the Hispanic Chamber for our county. It was at the Marriott on the Waterway in The Woodlands and the food was awesome! Joe was introduced and then gave his speech on what he wants to do with the chamber this year. I'm really glad I got to be there because, as always, he did a great job at speaking in front of everyone without much preparation. The lady that introduced him, while she was introducing, said that this little white guy speaks better Spanish than anyone there, which was full of a lot of Hispanics. I have been told this pretty much every time he speaks to anyone in Spanish, but he really is awesome at everything he does and it makes me proud. Anyway I got a quick picture of him with my phone, which seems to take horrible pictures, but I did get a couple.



*and he just got called to be the early morning seminary teacher for the juniors at church. i think he's going to be awesome, and I'm excited for him!

so I was a little early, but I thought the decorations and trees were so pretty, not that you can tell from this horrible picture


Abby had her Christmas party at school. I love that they celebrate Christmas in school here. They had Christmas tree centerpieces at every table. They decorated Christmas trees with frosting, m&ms, string licorice, upside down waffle cones. They wore Rudolph noses, and Santa came to visit and brought candy canes for everyone.They also go reindeer food to leave on the lawn for Christmas Eve and sang Christmas songs to us. I loved it!







*and it was pajama day at school

No comments: