Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Audrey is 10 months

So I'm slacking on posting lately and these Audrey updates are about all I get to these days. Audrey is now loving walking around furniture. And even more than that she likes to let go and stand and see how long she can stand for. Usually she gets so excited clapping and flailing her arms that she ends up falling over. But she is getting much more stable standing on her own now.

And holding her hands she will walk. I need her walking by the summertime so I don't have to worry about her crawling all over outside, I would much rather her be walking.

I'm working on trying to get her off of baby food completely and we are getting there. This food stage for me is the hardest, but we are getting there slowly. She just makes such a huge mess feeding herself and I don't always have 20 minutes at meal times to sit and feed her. But she is doing well and eating more and more everyday. She is really liking fruit and cream oatmeal, bananas, and veggie straws. She got 2 teeth on top last week to make it a total of 4 teeth in her mouth now.

She has finished her last of the formula and is now on soy milk, hoping that it will clear up any allergies and her poor red cheeks she gets sometimes. So far, I can't tell, but that's usually how it goes. So if I continue not to notice she will be switching to whole milk in a couple of weeks.

We are also working on the stairs. She has got the going up part down. And if she starts going up while I'm not right there she usually starts crying for me to come get her down instead of just falling down so that is a good start. She learned her lesson the first time she fell I guess, she doesn't want to do it again so she will just sit and wait for me. But she is learning to come down and usually by the last couple of steps she can do it herself.

Audrey loves playing in the toy room with her brother and sisters and loves doing everything with them and watching them constantly. She doesn't like to crawl on the tile with her knees, so if she is on wood or tile she won't put her knees down.

Audrey has learned to yell when she isn't getting enough attention or when she's mad, which is not good. She also has a nice high pitched squeal that is fun for us all too. And watching another baby the other day, I can tell she does not like to share me with other babies, so it's a good thing she will always be our baby. But she is still our happy baby and I can't believe she's almost 1!

No comments: