Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Past Week Or So

 

Joe and I went to the Jason Mraz concert way back in 2003 when we were dating. It was the first concert we went together...we aren't big concert people, and a few months ago we saw that he was coming to the Woodlands. We got excited and then never got tickets and just kept looking at them, but not buying them. The week before the concert we were talking about it and still had no tickets. The next day, Joe's boss offered him his VIP season tickets for the concert...so we never did have to buy tickets and we got awesome seats 6th row right in the middle! Christina Perri opened for him, and I only knew a couple of her songs, but by the end of it, I loved her...anyway, it was an awesome concert and I'm so glad we got to go see him again. It was much different this time then last time when we saw him in a little auditorium at University of Utah right after his first album was out.






Horrible picture I know...but it's all I've got. Saturday night, we went to the Chairman's Ball for The Woodlands. I love that we get to go to all these fun events. The theme was "Ann's Musical Night" so it was all about musicals.
The Chairman, her husband and kids...


Each table was decorated as a different musical. I stole these off their facebook page, I wish there was a picture of the table we sat at)




 One of The Woodlands Dance Comany's came and danced for us
 The past chairman...including Joe's boss (3rd from the left), who was so nice and parted with his sweet gold hat, to give to our girls to fight over...
 My Fair Lady...I think this was the one that won
 There were so many cool ones, I wish there were more pictures...but like I said I love going to these fun events.


A group of friends from church planned a beach day in Galveston. In all my years living in Texas, I have never actually gone to a beach in Galveston, and all I had heard were horror stories about the beaches. I guess it was good I had low expectations because I was really impressed when we got there. I mean it's nothing like I'm used to in Florida with the white sugary sand, but my kids did not cry, complain, or bug me, in those 5-6 hours we were there (minus Audrey a little) And Audrey has hated water and sand forever but at one point I even got her in the water for 15-20 minutes standing up to her knees. She kept her shoes on at all times though and did spend the majority of the day under the tent sitting in her chair, eating snacks. But she was happy the majority of the time.  And it was a successful day at the beach for my first time. I had been stressing over if it would be worth it and how I was going to carry a cooler, towels, a beach bag, my purse, etc. all by myself along with my 4 kids...but I had stressed for nothing.





 they got tired by the end and were laying cute for a picture, but wouldn't smile


And on the way home, all 4 kids were asleep within 5 minutes...and both Abby and Hannah's teachers called from the school to let us know they were their teachers. I was told Abby's teacher is awesome and we couldn't have got a better one. Hannah's seems super nice and is new this year, and she happens to have her best friend in her class too, so we are really excited to meet them on Friday night, and start school on Monday bright and early (which is going to be a huge adjustment in itself)!


And this child....is into EVERYTHING. She decided she wanted to climb onto the kitchen table last month...I haven't seemed to be able to get her down yet. If any of the kids leave anything on the table, it is spilled, knocked over, eaten, etc. before they see it again. And sometimes it happens while they are sitting there. After she knocks everything off the table she gets down and opens all the cupboards and starts throwing everything out of them. She is constantly in my jewelry box drawers pulling every type of jewelry out. Her favorites to pull out and wear are the watches and bracelets. She loves to be heard and will scream so high pitch, you go deaf almost. She doesn't just do it once, it is constant, happy or sad, so we still get looks and comments everywhere we go. She is now saying lots of words like, mommy, dada, papa, doggy, (and what the doggy says), nose-y while pointing and picking your nose, shoes, bum, ok (in ? form), cookie (her favorite) and some others that I can't think on the top of my head. She loves to go in my closet and pull all the shirts off the hangers on the bottom rack. But she loves her brother and sisters, and love when people are laughing at her. Oh and did I mention she has the biggest fake cry and sad face EVER. I didn't know that was possible of a 12-14 month old (she's been doing it a while) but she has it down. Too bad it's so obvious, it just makes us laugh. On the way home from church the other day she was doing it and crying, after she was tired of crying she stopped but every time we turned back to look at her or everytime she looked at Weston she would make sure to have the sad face on and hold it...she can hold it forever! I need to get it on video or a picture, it's really funny. Here she is at the donut place getting donuts Saturday morning. And we really do love this girl, life would not be quite as crazy without her.



No comments: