Friday, August 10, 2012

Forgotten Pictures

I was looking through my phone the other day and had totally forgotten about some of these pictures. So I thought I should document some of them.


Back in April, on our drive to Plano we stopped for some DQ!

 Audrey's first corn dog
 Our hotel...this was the hotel we got too many complaints for being too loud so they upgraded us to a suite!
 Abby lost her second tooth within the week she lost her first back in June.
 July 4th at the Waterway after making some sweet glasses!
 Abby wanted to get in this really cool ball. Looked a little claustrophobic to me. They blow it up with a blower, that's why she is covering her ears.
 These are all really blurry, but it's all I got. All blown up ready to go in the water
 We didn't see anyone who was able to stand for more than a second in the water...Abby was one of those people
 She gots lots of exercise and was exhausted by the end, especially after waiting in line for 1.5 hours for this and didn't get in til 9:15pm...ask my mom how she felt about someone trying to cut in line right before Abby's turn...I thought there might be a fight...
 Poor Audrey is allergic to every sun screen we've tried...we finally took the drs advice at getting super goop, which is super expensive, but so far she's doing better. Her whole face turned splotchy, her excema flared up,her eyes were really watery, and puffy, and her nose started running and she was sneezing...all within about 30 minutes of putting it on her. This picture doesn't show much
 Our ward activity, minute to win it...Abby got to throw Cheetos at her dad's head of shaving cream. She loved it!


 Audrey's first date at Chick fil a. The table had no chairs and I put her there for a minute to see what she would do, and she loved it. There was no high pitched squealing and no climbing out of the high chair...so we may have to do this more often.



swimming in Nana and Papa's pool



















Hannah modeling Nana's glasses in her new nightgown. She really wanted her picture taken so here it is


















We had Joe's firm retreat in Austin this last weekend at The Lakeway Resort. While he was at his meeting Saturday morning, I enjoyed sitting on the balcony, eating my breakfast in quiet, and relaxing. It was wonderful!


















 We got to do a sailboat regatta race. Here I am manning the jig. Our boat won 3 out of the 4 races. I enjoyed being the "rail meat" the most though and just hanging out at the front of the boat



















the losing boat behind us...the rest of Joe's co workers


 Abby's new build a bear (bunny) and her new cat shirt (nice huh). I've decided she needs to pick out her school clothes this year or else she ends up wearing the same thing everyday...hence the cat shirt. Story behind the build a bears...I'm not a huge fan of the place but Abby LOVES stuffed animals, and we have plenty we didn't need anymore...BUT we were at the mall with my mom and Abby started acting out and getting mad about I still to this day have no idea. So she took off to find a place to sulk. So I called Joe thinking that maybe he could talk to her and tell her to be good. (When she gets mad she goes off by herself and won't talk, it's really annoying trying to find out what the heck is wrong in the first place)....anyway she gets on the phone with Joe crying and saying she misses him and that's why she is upset (we came down 3 days before Joe). She gets off the phone and told me that Dad had said I needed to get her a new build a bear. Are you kidding me? So how do I buy the one child who is acting out a new bear b/c she misses her dad, and not the other 3 who are all being fine....I don't, so all 4 of them get one....and now Joe has learned his lesson.




Audrey hanging out in Abby's shirt


more swimming




1 comment:

sgriffin.ca said...

Parenting can be so tricky... we've all said we wish our kids came with instruction manuals:-) sometimes I think they might have the advantage because they've had time to "study" us from above a bit before they arrive, but we are just thrown in the deep end sink or swim. Looks like the bears are all different lessons for Mom, Dad and Abby(and sibs) ...good thing we are all still learning huh ;-) Love em'