Friday, December 21, 2012

18 months

Audrey is 18 months now. She started nursery a couple weeks ago. Mixed feelings there...glad I can actually listen and go to class at church but sad I will never have a baby to carry around the whole 3 hours of church again and sad I never have an excuse to be out of class either. But Joe took her to nursery and he said he had to stay in there until she was busy and wasn't paying attention and the teachers said she did great. I went to pick her up and watched her playing for a second and then when she saw me she started balling like she had been upset forever. This child is completely dramatic, the worst of them all. She has a temper like no other as well. I gave her a cup of milk yesterday and I guess she wanted juice instead, she started screaming and kicked the cup over and went completely crazy. We need to work on that.


My doctor told me her 18 month appointment was optional since she was doing great before and she's caught up on shots and I've had 3 other kids 18 months before. But we ended up at the doctor anyway right when she turned 18 months. She finally weighs exactly 20 pounds.

She takes one nap usually between 11-3 but will take whatever she can get depending on what we are doing each day. The day we went to meet Rio at the shelter, Audrey went nuts and screamed almost the whole time, but she had seen him a couple times since and when he came home she has loved him ever since. She usually just calls dogs doggies but now she calls him Rio Rio so clearly now. It's pretty cute to watch her with him.

She still does her high pitch deafening scream, I think mostly to see reactions at this point. Audrey was upset because she didn't know there was juice in her cup today and thought it was something else and so she wouldn't even try it until I actually unscrewed the top and showed her. Abby went to get the mail, I went out a minute later to check on her and Audrey was still screaming. I walked all the way down to the mailbox (like 5-6 houses down on the other side of the street)...our front door was shut and I heard her all the way to the mailbox screaming. That's a little embarrassing...I'm sure people think I'm beating my kids all the time over here with her and her scream. And now to know my whole neighborhood can hear is a little or actually a lot embarrassing.

She loves playing in the toy room now and will even go up by herself sometimes to play, which I love. Her and Weston still love playing together and for the most part he always makes sure to take care of her. I can now put her hair in a regular pony tail, although once she gets in the car or lays back on anything, half of it's down. We love this girl more and more everyday, even though she drives us all completely crazy at the same time.

We were treating Rio for a parasite, which I was told my kids could also get and sure enough we think Audrey has it now. The vet said there wasn't any "active shedding" on Rio, which I have no idea what that means, but he said we would treat him just to be cautious. Well today I took Audrey in, and they decided against testing her and just treated her for it anyway. So we aren't sure that's what she has but we are going to go ahead and take care of it just in case. So this dog has caused a few problems in his first 10 days of being here...Did I mention he ran away 3 times within 24 hours time? But he seems to be adjusting SOOO much better now and as long as he gets the exercise he needs (which is really hard for me) he does really well.

 And now for pictures of my baby girl at 18 months!

She loves the trampoline...


and this car...and being outside with Rio


after Weston got revenge for her scratching him...he left her this nice scratch on her head, but she was sure to smile for the camera anyway


After hearing her scream stop, I came to find this in my room. Abby is always taking care of her! She loves her biggest sister so much!


not wanting to be held outside going places anymore...she wants to be big like everyone else, but she is really good at holding your hand. This was after lunch with my dad, while my parents were here earlier this week.


Here she is sick after the doctor today, but loved the mask and couldn't stop smiling with it on.


No comments: