I've wanted new floors after about 6 months of living in our house, but it has just been something we couldn't do. I HATE carpet. Someday I would like a house with no carpet at all, but for now I will be happy with my living/dining and family area in wood and my hallway and kitchen in tile...
Our friends got a good deal on wood I think in the summertime, and they told us we could get the same deal if we went in and told them what they gave it to them for...so randomly a couple Saturdays ago when we should have been doing a million other things...we stopped by. Side note: It has been on my Christmas list since the beginning of the year, so it is something we've always been looking at. Well we ended up coming home with it then. A little bit after we got home, me and the kids packed up and went to our wonderful friends' house while her husband came over to help Joe with the demolition of the carpet and nails and cleaning up the floor part. When they were done with that I came home, put the kids to bed, and we got started with the wood. A few hours later, we had our living/dining room finished. Well not finished...it still needs the quarter rounds painted and put on, but other than it's finished.
Joe came and got me one morning to show me what had happened overnight...maybe it's just us but we thought it was pretty cool.


No comments:
Post a Comment