A few weeks ago a friend decided to plan FHE for the firestation to learn about fire safety at home. We've been to the fire station a few times with each kid's preschool, but it was different this time. The fire men were great with the kids and taught them about fire safety at home and then they had the little house thing that the kids can go up the stairs in the bedroom and then a fire starts (pretend) and smoke fills the entire place and the kids have to stop drop and feel the doorknob that's warm and carefully go down the stairs backwards without being able to see anything but smoke and try to hurry and get out. I was telling Joe while we were there how I got to do the same thing in elementary school, they brought it to our school and we all got to do it probably 1st gradish... It brought back memories and then I looked up at the front of it and it said Plano Fire, so I'm thinking it may have been the exact same one I got to go through as a kid. Anyway, brought back memories and was a fun night for the kids and friends.
Don't mind Audrey eating popcorn under the table at this very clean venue...at least it was our popcorn.

1 comment:
So awesome that you got to go to the fire station as a family - I always worried about getting the kids out in case of fire ... wonderful that they got to practice it that way and even more fun that it might have been the same little house that you went through as a kid!!! I would have loved to have had something like that for them to practice in. End of summer around the corner and on to fall fun... love you all so much <3
Post a Comment