Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ritualistic Child Torture

Joe titled this post, not me...it was like taking them to get their routine shots for me.

You may think we are crazy, but I've been wanting to do it for some time now. We got the girls' ears pierced today. They were such good sports. Abby has watched me put my earrings in every day; she has started to try every day to put some in her ears too. So today was the day. She was so excited and only cried while the actual piercing took place. Well actually she cried even harder when Hannah was getting her's done. She has such a hard time seeing people hurting. But she shared her sucker with Hannah to make her feel better. And now we don't have to worry (at least I hope not) about people talking about Abby's little brother anymore when Hannah doesn't have bows in.

Joe wasn't quite as excited, as you can tell in the picture, but was supportive anyway.

After the piercings, we had some Chick-Fil-A for lunch, dippin' dots, and rode the carosel as a family. What a great morning.



4 comments:

Lonna said...

You know that is funny, I had my ears pierced when I was really little as well, but I just haven't really thought about doing it for Gwen. She too plays with my jewelery, and tries to put in earrings. Where did you have them done? They look great.

Lesley said...

And of course your girls are wearing adorable matching clothes. :) I love all the pictures you post.

LOVELY THINGS said...

Oh my gosh - I feel so much better knowing that Kate is not the only little girl who gets comments about what a cute BOY she is! And Hannah looks so femanine, too. Thanks goodness for hair - one of these days, right? I think the ear piercing is too cute. We're thinking about it, too.

It's Been a Day! said...

I think even if I got avery's ears pierced people would still think she was a boy! People have even called her a boy while she is wearing a dress!!

I think Abby and Hannah will have so much fun with their earrings! And I think a sucker cures about most things! What cuties you have.