Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe!!

Today is Joe's 28th birthday and he is away from us. I know it's sad. It started with a 5 am phone call to me to ask if his wallet was in my purse and sure enough it was. He needed gas to make it down to school. Good thing I had just taken a credit card out a few days ago and put it in a drawer. It was also pouring down rain in both Austin and at home. And to top it off he had a 4 1/2 hour final this morning, I am still waiting to hear from him when he finishes it to see how it went. So this year probably won't make the top of his birthdays. But Abby kept saying, "Miss Daddy," on the way to Austin yesterday and today. So we hope that he knows he is very missed and we are thinking about him, but really he is the one who pretty much kicked us out so we wouldn't be together on his birthday (so technically it's his own fault)! Hopefully our birthday/holiday celebrations will get better once he is out of school.

Since I have no pictures of his birthday this year, we can reminisce on pictures from his birthday last year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Joe!

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Joe! We missed you tonight for dinner and FHE, and your wife even talked about it being your birthday and how much she misses you. Good luck with finals!

Callie. said...

Happy Birthday to Joe. I am gearing up for the never seeing my husband also!

AshleyS said...

crazy how little abby was just a year ago! happy bday joe!

Texas Harveys said...

tagged you.

Boys and I did our walking route in 38 minutes yesterday...that's a 13.5 minute mile. With 70+lbs. I'm impressed with myself.

Excited to see you guys when you get back!