Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving on...

Well we are done. I used to enjoy moving...it was a time where I got rid of a lot of stuff and got organized. We have moved 7 times now in the 4 years we've been married. It is getting harder and harder each time. It's not so fun anymore. With two kids and about 20 times the stuff we had in the beginning, it is much harder. The girls enjoyed following me around whining and crying at my legs or unpacking and playing in boxes and bins that I had just packed, or just making an entirely different mess somewhere else. We were so lucky to have such good friends to help take the girls so we could actually get something done. Thanks to the Nobmann's, Meng's, Harvey's, and Hales' for helping us out so much...I don't know if we could have done it without them.

We were planning on moving in two days, Friday and Saturday so we weren't so rushed. My parents and little brother were supposed to come Thursday night. They decided to come Friday morning early instead and then Joe decided he wanted to get it all done and be back in Austin Friday night. So we did it, thanks to my dad, little brother, and Jimmy for helping Joe load and unload the truck. We didn't quite make it home by Friday because we stopped and had dinner and didn't finish until 10, but we made it home Saturday morning at 1 am in our 3 car caravan.
So now we only have a few short days left until Joe leaves. Already Abby totally gave up on potty training on Saturday, keeps saying she misses home, and wants to go with Dad on the airplane and she says she is going to cry. So we'll see how it all works out in the end. Joe still has no place to live so hopefully he has it all figured out soon since he is leaving so soon and starts work on Monday.

Here's some random pictures of getting ready for the move



7 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

We have been in four houses in our four years of marriage. You guys have alot more stuff than us... but it is getting old. We are moving this weekend too. We are moving into the city and out of the suburbs. It's a pain. It's hard for us to get anything done cause are YM/YW callings and working full time.

sgriffin.ca said...

It was fun to see the packing up pictures - I'll be glad when I get to see moving in pics cause then I know Joe is back and you are all together again! I know Abby will cry and so will you :-( We still want you to come to Ca. for awhile if you can figure out a date... It will be tough with both girls but if you can find a direct flight where you have help in Tex. we will be here when you get off! I would love to spend time with you and the girls. I miss you all so much!! I've been showing my mom your blog and we have loved all the pictures you've posted- especially the videos. She wishes she could see her great granddaughters this trip. Is Hannah walking??? I know you were hoping she would before Joe left. I would have loved being there to help you move instead of going to graduation but I'm glad I did it and now it's over! I will talk to you before Joe leaves Sat.
~Sue

AshleyS said...

okay, wow! i feel your pain about moving, but can't imagine doing it in like 1 day! so how long will joe be gone and will you get to visit him? are you living with your parents for the summer? when you go back to school, will you find to look for another house all over again? just a few questions :-) oh, and i'll respond tot he tag soon! it looks like a fun one!

Brooke & Freeland said...

Wow! You are incredible! I also LOVE all the boxes yall now have to move with! Thats amazing! Keep us posted as Joe leaves. Well be thinking about you.

Lonna said...

I hate packing! And I am so glad that you were able to have a few people there to help you out.

Those pictures are really cute and I love the one of Abby sitting in the entertainment center in the back of the truck.

I hope that you are able to get in some of the things that you want to do with Joe before Saturday. I am sure that he will find a place to live.

What the "Hales" said...

well we miss you guys already. I think Sophie has asked at least 3 times a day for Abby. I know she will continue to ask for her. We can't wait until you move back!

Callie. said...

Oh Sierra, I am about to experience the same thing in two months and again in another month when we move into our new place. Reading your post has scared me even more to the whole process. We've moved about 8-9 times in 4 years also, so I know how it is. Having two small kids though definitely makes the whole thing like 10x harder. Best of luck to Joe, I hope he finds a place and that you and the kids survive. We're pretty sure we're going to have to do the same thing over the summers also. Anyways, good luck with everything for now. Take a breath--it's over!