Either floss regularly or don't floss at all. This in between stuff that I do had me in the dentist's office all morning. I decided to floss this morning for some reason, not sure why still, and ended up pulling half a molar out. Sweet! With no dental insurance while we are in school, this was just what I needed today.
And of course my mom is out of town until late tonight, so she wasn't here to watch the girls. So I made an appointment and thanks to Lonna, she came to my rescue. She not only watched my girls, she came and met me at the dentist's office to get them for me. When I called to make the appointment, the receptionist said I could come in a half hour and they could fix it all today or they could squeeze me in tomorrow just to look at it and not fix it until later. I had just gotten out of the shower, Abby was in her pjs still and Hannah was still asleep. So let's just say I was a little stressed and rushed by the time I met Lonna. But since I am leaving Thursday for Mexico, I had to go today. So thanks to Lonna she helped me out a ton so I could get my tooth fixed.
I used to love going to the dentist. After today I'm not so sure what ever possessed me to like the dentist. The nasty smells of drilling teeth and the filling and all that just really got to me today. And what is so fun about having your mouth numb for half the day? It is really driving me crazy. Maybe it was the gas they used to give me when I was little, I think I still might like that. Too bad they didn't offer it to me. Oh and what are you supposed to look at during the whole thing? it just seems so awkward, so I just keep my eyes shut and rest all I can while having my mouth wide open and people drilling at my teeth. Anyway I barely dodged getting a root canal and they ended up being able to just fill the whole thing in. And at the end, the dentist told me I was so easy to work on. Whatever that means, I'm taking it as a compliment.
2 years ago

6 comments:
What an exciting morning! I've never liked the dentist (I hate the floride they made me swish around). I consider going a necessary evil.
I bet your excited to have Joe home soon! Have an awesome time in Mexico. If it's just the two of you, a well deserved reuniting!
What a weird thing to have happen! It sounds like an awful morning. I hope the rest of the week goes very well, and that you have a great time in Mexico! I can't wait to have you back here!
Dentist should be more like car dealers....they just try to steal from you and tell you that you need things done when you don't. I hate the dentist!! I can't wait for you to come back and be my friend!!
I am so glad that you were able to get in and have it fixed so quickly, there is nothing quite so uncomfortable as a hole in your tooth.
So are you all packed for your trip...I think that I would have been ready a week ago. Have fun.
Ok, I haven't flossed in a couple of days... and now I'm not sure I will ever floss again!!
What a bummer! Thank goodness Lonna was around to help out. I'm glad you were an easy patient...I would take it as a compliment too. Maybe he can deduct some of his fees because of it!
Post a Comment