Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Neighborhood

We decided to try out our neighborhood splash pad last night. It turns out it is just up the street from us and it was so fun. The girls loved it. When we got home, we changed into pjs and then went for a short walk. The other direction down the street from us is this cool little lake with fountains. It's really pretty and it has sidewalk all around it. One of these days when I take up walking again, I think this would be a fun walking route. Oh and there is a McDonald's right outside our neighborhood too, easily in walking distance without going on any major streets. I love it!

The Splash Pad




The Little Lake and my nice large dr. pepper from McDonald's for $1

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Nice! That seems like a great location. Maybe we will have to walk over in YOUR neighborhood this winter!

Kelly said...

Wow--that is gorgeous. Nice stroller too. Of course I love the $1 DP also. Life is good.

It's Been a Day! said...

what a great neighborhood!! looks like it should be a great place to live for the next couple of years! how fun to have so many things close by.

and our mcdonalds here doesn't do the $1 drinks. I'm a little annoyed. I'm excited to get back home this weekend and take advantage - they also charge a takeout tax here when going through the drive-thru so i'm protesting mcdonalds and now have to start actually making my kids lunches!!

Lonna said...

Now that is the life. Everything that a kid, and mom could need to be entertained for the day all within walking distance.

You know there are two McDonald's right by us, one of them still does the $1 drinks, and one of them doesn't. Strange I know.

I am glad that you are liking your new home. I am sure that you are in for some really great times there.

Good luck with the unpacking.

Callie. said...

okay, so look at you living it up in law school! Geesh, Sierra! What a beautiful neighborhood to have to walk around in and live. Hopefully you guys get to stay there for the next two years this time! I hope things go great for you in your second year. Only two more left--woo-hoo!

simple mom/wife said...

I wondered where you were living, and when we'd see you. Looks like your a little closer to us this time! I tried to make it over to talk to you on Sunday--sorry I missed you. Spencer was happy to see your girls are back. See ya soon!