It was much harder than I thought it would be to leave the girls. I was so excited to go but it was so sad to say goodbye. But they had a great time, so we didn't worry about them much. I got to the airport about an hour before Joe so the girls saw me first. And it was so nice to hold them both and have them both so happy to see me and hug me so tight. But once I saw Joe coming down the escalator on the opposite side of the airport, Abby screamed and then yelled, "Daddy," across the whole airport. She then jumped off the chair and took off sprinting as fast as she could going crazy. She was so excited to have her dad back and hasn't known what to do with herself all night. I wish I had had a video camera b/c it was pretty much the cutest thing ever. She hasn't let him out of her sight since he's been back. It's pretty cute although I was completely out of the picture once he arrived. Oh and at dinner, Hannah wouldn't eat one thing I tried to give her, she only wanted what Joe gave her and wanted him to feed her the whole time.
Handing out souvenirs
Laying with her dad, watching a movie, pretty much her favorite thing to do
2 years ago


6 comments:
Ah, that's so wonderful to hear. I can just imagine the thrill it was for Abby to see her Daddy again. At least you've captured the memory beautifully on your blog describing it. Welcome home, Joe! You brought back some festive Mexican souvenirs.
YEah! love the hat! : ) Your trip looks amazing! I am so glad you were able to go, although I am just a little jealous : ) Looking forward to having you back in the ward. Oh, and by the way, I see you are planning to teach piano. Good for you! I had NO idea you even knew how to play!
What resort did you stay at? My brother in law and his new wife were in Cancun the same day as you!! We went there on our honeymoon over four years ago....Its so fun!
i bet the girls are loving having Joe home. I love when my kids are excited to see me. THey don't get as excited to see me as they do to see Brent, but I guess dads are more fun!! I'm glad you are all together.
I have to agree with Paige, the kids are always way more excited to see James than me. Maybe it is just a phase. Some day they might like me more, but I am not crossing my fingers.
It looks like all is well and settled down at your home, I guess you are just focused on moving now.
ahh! Im so glad that yall are all back together again! Your trip to visit him looked like it was amazing.. I want to go there now! Good Luck with the move!!! We'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment