Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another night at the ER

2 nights in a row, 2 different kids, and 2 different problems. This time it was me and Hannah. My poor little 18 pound baby girl got so sick last night and was throwing up constantly every 5 minutes or less for about 4 hours before we called the nurse hotline and they told us to go right in. At that point she had absolutely nothing to throw up and was just choking and gagging and not breathing for a few seconds at a time. She was sooo pale and the poor little thing barely moved. She couldn't cry anymore, she was completely 100% limp. The later it got the worse it got and she was so tired she coulndn't even keep her head up to throw up. Anyway we took her in and they got her on an IV right away. She went through 2 bags and got an antiemetic through IV, and this picture is right before the 2nd one was done. She looked sooo much better and back to herself except just completely exhausted. She was so thirsty too but every time we had tried to give her anything at home, it came back up within about 30 seconds. Once she started looking alive again, they allowed her only .5 oz of pedialyte (from a bottle which she was pretty excited about since she hasn't had one now in 3 months). Anyway at 3 am we were discharged and had to call Joe to come pick us back up b/c all 4 of us took her in since Abby hadn't gone to sleep yet and so when we found out we were going to be a while they went home to get a little sleep. So he had to get Abby back up and come get us. Then when we got home I decided I needed to go get her prescription filled before morning so by the time I got home it was after 3:30 and I was exhausted just hoping they would sleep in this morning. Nope, Abby was up by 8 and so was Hannah. Abby had to miss her 2nd day of preschool already, but I couldn't send her when I figured she would get it today, although cross your fingers she is still ok. But Hannah is doing a little better today (no throwing up) and has slept a lot of the day so far. So hopefully tonight and a long time after we can go without going to the ER again (since the nurses and everybody recognized Joe and Abby from the night before).

Here she is in her little clown hospital gown feeling back to herself with color, her IV in one arm and bottle in the other

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Bethany said...

That is some bad luck! At least she looks really cute in the little gown. Hope she feels better soon!

Jayson & Megan said...

How horrible. I imagine that's got to be one of the toughest things to endure as a parent--your child in pain and you not being able to do anything. But I am glad that it looks like things are looking up in the Griffin household.

Lesley said...

Oh no! What an awful night. How scary that must have been! I am glad they had her in better shape so quickly. So so scary. And two nights in a row! I hope you guys can get a decent night's sleep tonight!

Kelly said...

Scary! I hope you got some sleep and that she's all better now.

Brooke & Freeland said...

hey! Im so sorry you must be exhausted!! Smart to keep abby home. Im glad she didnt get it though. Looks like things are going well with Joe home! Your neighborhood looks awesome!

AshleyS said...

poor little thing! i'm glad she's okay. hope you get some rest, good thing it's almost the weekend.

Jenae said...

Man, that is a a rough couple of nights. I hope things calm down for you!!

It's Been a Day! said...

poor hannah. bless her heart. i'm glad she's doing better.

Kate, Josh & Sydney said...

She looks so cute in that little hospital gown--it must have been sad to see her so sick. Glad she and Abby are doing better. :)

Stilovich Family said...

make sure you are going to different ER's so they report you like like they threatened with Preston.