Sunday, October 12, 2008

Check-ups

Well it's been a while since I posted. We've been busy lately, but not with much exciting except going to Austin to see my brother and his family visiting while Joe went to Canada to present his paper. It went really well and he had a great time as did we in Austin. However, we have no pictures to show from either place. We did go to the dr. a few weeks ago though for the girls' 15 month and 3 year check ups and here are the stats.


Abby
26 lbs - 5%
height 35 3/4in - 25%

Hannah
19.5 lbs - 50%
height 30.25 in - 25%

I've already gone on about Abby lately. But since Hannah is now already 16 months I figured I'd catch up on her.

  • She loves shoes- mostly Abby's (I find her in Abby's closet squeezed in there along with everything else trying on shoes)
  • She climbs everything possible in sight
  • Her favorite place at home is the pantry - she loves snacks ALL day long and she is either climbing or in the pantry or else whining on the outside b/c she can't get in
  • Just in this last week especially, she is starting to say so many words...her favorites...balloon, eye, mom, dad, diaper, cookie, shoe, cup, thank you, all gone, "cheese"...I'm not sure many people would understand them besides our family but it is so nice to finally be able to communicate pretty well with her
  • She still screams every time I walk out of the room - makes me feel good sometimes, but most of the time just frustrated (When will she get over it)?
  • She throws tantrums better than anyone I know so far...although she does have a pretty good teacher though
Here she is on the 2nd shelf in the pantry about 3 feet up...still not sure how it happened, this is just how we found her.

And here she is trying out some of her Halloween costume.

5 comments:

What the "Hales" said...

I love that she was in the pantry on the shelf...it just goes to show that they really are thinking and they somehow figure out how to get what they want with out our help!!

Lonna said...

Oh my goodness she is so grown up, It is like I haven't seen her in a long time.

I love the picture of her in the pantry, how in the world? I think that she and Harrison would make perfect partners in crime. He too is obsessed with the pantry.

I can't wait to see the full costume, it looks like she will be a really cute cat.

Callie. said...

I can't believe she is already 16 months. 2 more months and she will already be in nursery! Crazy. Cute pictures! I can't believe she got up in the pantry that high!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Cute blog!! I'm glad you found ours so we can see yours now. I love the pantry picture, and the video montage of Abby, and the collage of pictures of you and Joe from all the different eras. So fun!!

It's Been a Day! said...

look at that growing girl. she's a cutie. i think this is such a fun age as they are exploring but it's also such a hard age since they are exploring everything!!