We are finally all healthy. Well pretty much, Hannah is still working on getting over another double ear infection, but other than that we are finally well. Hopefully our wellness will last for more than a week this time.
We have really been trying to get Abby to eat better and eat meals with us (well I guess just me since Joe's not home for a lot of meals). Anyway last night was another frustrating one with dinner. Neither girls would eat. But Hannah decided to after about an hour. It took Abby about 3 hours after I had eaten for her to eat. She usually gets a treat after dinner, we are pretty good at bribing our kids. Well she finally ate and I told her she couldn't have a treat b/c it took her so long and she needs to learn to eat when it's ready. She got mad and said she wanted peaches. I told her before she ate them that just b/c she was eating peaches did not mean she was going to get a treat. She said ok and ate them and then said she was finally going to go to bed.
Joe comes home at about 1am, and next thing I know, 4:15 am Abby runs in wakes Joe up
Abby:Daddy Daddy, Mommy didn't give me a treat last night and I really need one
Joe: What do you want?
Abby: I really want an oreo
Joe then promptly gets out of bed and goes and gives her an oreo
I was half awake at this point and just thought, "seriously did she just get up at 4am to get a cookie b/c she knew her dad was home now and he would get her one?"
No wonder my kids are such daddy's girls.
2 years ago

11 comments:
Ha! That made me LOL.
oh man. Will is a lot like Abby! I better watch out. :)
that's great.....Abby know how to work daddy! You guys all stay healthy for a few more days and maybe we will have a fun time at your parents without either of our families being sick (knock on wood)
Wow- I feel for you Sierra. You are fighting a losing battle on that one I think. Daddy's, cookies, sleep...I'm afraid Joe will probably always choose to give them the cookies!! What can a mom do?
My husband is the same way...and my girls love him for it!
The thing that gets me is how well they remember these things. Sometimes you tell them something hoping they will forget later but sure enough they will remember you didnt give them a treat and they know just who to ask for it! Jimmy is a caver too!
Cute story!
this was such a great story!! i had to read it to brent when i was done. we were both laughing so hard!
Too funny.
Abby really does like you feeding her the meals you do, even if you can't tell. The other day she said something on the lines of, "My mommy gives me good dinners so I can grown up nice and strong." Note: MOMMY gives me good meals. ;)
That is too funny!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! Hope you have a great day!!! Brooke
Ah Abby. It really is no wonder that the mom falls into the "bad guy" rap all the time. I am the bad guy nine times out of ten around here, and James is always the one that is the fun and "good" guy, even if we have discussed something he still caves, just so that he doesn't have to hear crying or whining.
I am surprised that she woke up ready and determined to get that treat even in the middle of the night. Those silly kids.
Post a Comment