My birthday was great this year. We actually started celebrating Superbowl weekend. We went to Austin and celebrated with my family. My brother and his family came down and my little brother lives in Austin, so we were all together to celebrate my birthday and the Superbowl.
And then on my acutal birthday, Joe was home all day and it was so nice and relaxing. Since we are going to Boston this weekend and that is really my birthday present...all I asked for was a date and for him to organize it. He even picked up the babysitter (hopefully that was allowed). And I also asked if I could not make any decisions for the day. It ended up being pretty much all weekend, so it was really nice.
I woke up to biscuits and gravy (his dad's recipe which is the best). He is a way better cook than I will ever be. And he even got me new running shoes (even though I don't ever run and rarely exercise), but have been in need of new ones for quite a while now. So we went for a walk. Later in the day we realized Abby has almost the same pair. Isn't that cute? It was nice just being able to enjoy the whole day together and no school, and ending it on a date out with some friends.
Anyway here are the girls eating my cake and putting candles on. I told Joe I didn't need a cake since my mom sent me a cookie bouquet and we were going out for dessert as part of our date but you know we just can't have enough treats at our house so we had cake too. And I'm still not sure why Abby has no pants on and her black church shoes, but she was pretty cute and excited that it was my birthday and made the day even better for me.
Today it was back to reality and Joe going to school all day with no chance of him coming home even in the next couple of hours. But only 2 more days until we head to Austin to drop the girls off and leave for Boston. I can't wait even though it's supposed to be freezing and snowing every day we are there.
2 years ago


3 comments:
That sounds like not only the perfect birthday but the perfect day! I'm so glad it turned out well. I love the matching shoes. Very cute. And I'm with you - you can never have too many treats, especially on your birthday. I'm glad it was a great day. And a trip to Boston is icing on the cake! I'm so jealous. You are going to love it.
Wow! I have to say that I am really impressed that you got what you wanted...and then some. I think that the last few birthdays for me almost seem like just another day. And the fact that Joe made you breakfast!!! And picked out shoes for you, well I am green with envy. I am glad that you got to just hang out all day with your family, and that in just a few short days you will be off on an exciting adventure with just you and Joe. I don't think that you will have a hard time enjoying any kind of weather in a fun trip like that. Good luck, and I hope that you have a great time.
Happy Birthday! That was fun to see you two together on your day at the park. Hope it was marvelous, sounds like it was. Aren't birthdays great?
Post a Comment